ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Another first for me in my ZR-1!!! (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23376)

Roadster 07-19-2014 10:14 PM

Another first for me in my ZR-1!!!

Having owned my 94 for 3 1/2 months now, I just have experienced another first for me while driving the Z. Tonight I moved the Vettes around in the garage as we are using the 94 tomorrow, so I decided to take the Z out and just warm it up. There are isolated roads around me where there isn't any traffic or houses on them. So I finally did a complete WOT out of first gear and all I can say is Unbelieveable. To be honest, I had no idea of the total power that the ZR-1 has to offer. I have gone through the gears bringing the r's up quite a bit, but never a true WOT before tonight. Not only is my smile wide from ear-to-ear, but again, it is Unbelieveable :-D:-D:-D Tom

We Gone 07-20-2014 01:31 AM

Re: Another first for me in my ZR-1!!!

Congrats on tuning into WLT5@7200RPMS...

Roadster 07-20-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Gone (Post 207827)
Congrats on tuning into WLT5@7200RPMS...

Copy that:-D if there was any doubt whether my secondaries were totally functional or not, lasts night episode put that to rest. Not one bit of stumble or hesitation, just raw power to say the least. I now truly understand why they call it "The Beast"

efnfast 07-20-2014 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster (Post 207821)
Having owned my 94 for 3 1/2 months now, I just have experienced another first for me while driving the Z. Tonight I moved the Vettes around in the garage as we are using the 94 tomorrow, so I decided to take the Z out and just warm it up. There are isolated roads around me where there isn't any traffic or houses on them. So I finally did a complete WOT out of first gear and all I can say is Unbelieveable. To be honest, I had no idea of the total power that the ZR-1 has to offer. I have gone through the gears bringing the r's up quite a bit, but never a true WOT before tonight. Not only is my smile wide from ear-to-ear, but again, it is Unbelieveable :-D:-D:-D Tom

Still taking the 94?:dancing

Hog 07-20-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

I love hearing stories like this from owners who actually drive their cars. Good for you!!!

Roadster 07-20-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efnfast (Post 207831)
Still taking the 94?:dancing

Of course, down at the Jersey shore, nice ride...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 207840)
I love hearing stories like this from owners who actually drive their cars. Good for you!!!

I enjoy driving them every chance I get.
As much as I like my C3's I immensely enjoy driving the ZR-1what a totally fun machine....

XfireZ51 07-20-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog (Post 207840)

Hog,

I want to second those sentiments. After 3 years of restoring, repairing and upgrading, I don't think I have ever enjoyed driving a fun car as much as my
ZR-1. It does what I want, when I want it and is an absolute blast to drive. Also enjoy just looking at it. WEEEEEEEEEEE! :dancing:dancing

Fully Vetted 07-20-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

We call that Permagrin. And you got a full dose, my friend. It's better than a single malt scotch for erasing the days beat down.

ZR1North 07-21-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XfireZ51 (Post 207860)
Hog,

I want to second those sentiments. After 3 years of restoring, repairing and upgrading, I don't think I have ever enjoyed driving a fun car as much as my
ZR-1. It does what I want, when I want it and is an absolute blast to drive. Also enjoy just looking at it. WEEEEEEEEEEE! :dancing:dancing

For sure, Dom. On more than one occasion, I've had my second cup of morning coffee in the garage doing walk arounds in admiration of the C4 lines and the Z rear in particular. Awesome cars on the road and in the garage!

XfireZ51 07-21-2014 11:47 AM

That rear end just got all the proportions right. In some respects it did for the C4 what Porsche did w the 924 when it bulked up the fenders and introduced the 944. It simply gives it more broad shoulders and a more squat look.