ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Cam Cover Emblems (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8283)

LGAFF 04-07-2009 05:40 PM

Cam Cover Emblems

Talked to a company today that makes enamel emblems, they looked at the cam cover emblems and said they can make them, just need to check and verify heat resistence. tooling fees are minimal.

Any interest.....I do not think the cost will be much or am I chasing something that has been addressed.

tccrab 04-07-2009 06:43 PM

Re: Cam Cover Emblems

JeffVette has a limited supply of aftermarket ones that he's selling, but I don't know if he has enough to meet future demands.
He's hand painting them, and from what I've seen they look pretty sharp.

TomC
"Crabs"

VetteMed 04-07-2009 09:23 PM

I'd buy a pair.

DaveK 04-07-2009 09:26 PM

I don't especially need any right now but would be happy to sign up for a couple to help the cause.

LGAFF 04-07-2009 09:45 PM

I will want to make sure these hold up and are good first. If they look like crap, will just let it go....they were very interested when I sent it to them. I will have a tooling cost of about $100.

The adhesive might be the biggest challenge.

They may also be able to do key chains from the emblem, two sided, maybe with 3/4 digit VINs on the back, alot of options.

I will get the material info first. Price should be very very reasonable but let me confirm first.

GOLDCYLON 04-07-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGAFF (Post 58451)
They may also be able to do key chains from the emblem, two sided, maybe with 3/4 digit VINs on the back, alot of options

:thumbsup: Keep us posted Lee im interested in the listed above aspect of the project.

Pete 04-08-2009 12:54 AM

Lee,i kept my OE emblems off my cam covers this time,was going to buy a set of aftermarket.

If you get these done at a decent price i also am interested.

I would love to get a key chain version with year and VIN :thumbsup:

Black high temp RTV works great.

Let me know.

Pete

tf95ZR1 04-08-2009 01:43 AM

Great Project!
I'm interested!

RedSled 04-08-2009 04:19 PM

Cool!

LGAFF 04-09-2009 01:49 PM

Company confirmed today that the cam emblem can he made with high temp enamel and would do fine with underhood temps. I need to get a cam emblem to them and they will send it over to build the die.

If interested we can incorporate the 3/4 digit VIN...other things we can have made:

-Coins with Vin stamp on back
-Key chains
-Bottle openers

Start up cost will be $125, they will send me a sample...colored sections will be done with enamel and the body will be black nickel finish.

Let me know your thoughts