ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Corvettes at Carlisle, 2020 (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31852)

ZR1North 06-12-2020 12:40 PM

Corvettes at Carlisle, 2020

Hi All:

Your board of directors discussed Corvettes at Carlisle 2020 at the board meeting this week. Following are highlights of our discussion.

Cumberland county, within which Carlisle is situated, was just declared as being in the "green state", the least restrictive of Pennsylvania's three COVID-19 response states. The following is a link that depicts the differences among the three states. https://www.ccpa.net/4807/Reopening-Plan.

At this time, Carlisle Events is proceeding with all scheduled events for this summer. Spring Carlisle (Collector Car, Flea Market, Corral and Auction) is the next event scheduled, which will take place June 18-19. Carlisle Events has cancelled the in-person auction segment of the June 18-19 event as part of their response to federal and state guidelines for COVID-19 pandemic management.

As of earlier this week, there were 18 people registered under the ZR-1 Net Registry for Corvettes at Carlisle. Since we collaborate with the Grand Sport Registry on various events or initiatives each year, we checked with them and determined that 68 of their members had registered, so a good core group is already established. If you have not yet registered and plan to do so, please do not forget to register under the ZR-1 Net Registry in the clubs drop-down menu. At this point, we are still planning to have the ZR-1 Net Registry tent and dedicated parking as in the past. Thanks to our friends at WAZOO, we are planning to have the ZR-1 cookout to which we have become accustomed in recent years.

For those that are contemplating accommodations for the 2020 event, we are in discussions with Boomerang Bar and Grill which now has its hotel open to complement the bar and restaurant which had been popular with members in previous years. Thank you to Charlie Sinunu of WAZOO who is working with Boomerang, which is just reopening after being closed for COVID-19. Charlie will be updating us in the coming days as Boomerang gets up to speed and confirms arrangements with us.

Things continue to be fluid as you know, so we will continue to monitor Carlisle Events website and work with our Carlisle Events contact person to determine how the organizers respond to the evolving situation. We will keep you posted.

Stay safe and enjoy the benefits of all the wrenching and polishing we've done these past few months while confined to our garages.

Bob Lambe
Events Chair
ZR-1 Net Registry

G8nightman 06-13-2020 12:27 AM

Re: Corvettes at Carlisle, 2020

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

JThomas 06-15-2020 08:40 AM

Thanks for the update. I'm registered and looking forward to the event. :cheers:

G8nightman 06-15-2020 09:26 AM

Just registered

dredgeguy 06-16-2020 05:11 PM

We have a block of 20 rooms reserved at at the Inn attached to Boomerangs Bar & Grill located at 110 Limekiln Rd, New Cumberland, PA 17070
www.boomeranggrill.com
The rooms are $55/night for a single double bed (including tax) or $65/night for two double beds. We also get a 10% discount card for food.
Call in your reservations to Shannon at 717-920-3627 or 717-963-7338 and identify yourself as a ZR-1 member. You will need to provide a credit card to hold your room and it is fully refundable up to 2 weeks before check in time. I just made my reservation and suggest you post up when you make yours so we can keep track and see if we need to increase the number of rooms. FYI they only have 4 doubles so if you need one make the call now. Eat, drink and go down the hall to your room.....what a plan!! Looking forward to it.

ZWILD1 06-16-2020 05:36 PM

That sounds great. Mike and I are in Carlisle now having dinner and checking things out for spring Carlisle. It such a nice day we took the top out and were heading to Gettysburg but decided to go check out how things are since we live about 50 minutes from Carlisle, Dave.

Scrrem 06-16-2020 06:03 PM

Nina and I are booked!!! Can?t wait!!!!!
Rich

efnfast 06-16-2020 07:03 PM

Done, now I just need to call the fair grounds. Thanks Charlie.

ZWILD1 06-17-2020 09:19 AM

Carlisle Events is being sued to stop Spring Carlisle for violating Covid 19 guidelines. According to local PA news.

Scrrem 06-17-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZWILD1 (Post 310428)
Carlisle Events is being sued to stop Spring Carlisle for violating Covid 19 guidelines. According to local PA news.

They are a little behind the power curve....the event starts today...LOL!
Rich