ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Carlisle review (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33433)

dredgeguy 09-16-2021 02:14 PM

Carlisle review

For those who attended, many thanks! I know I had a blast. Can you post up some thoughts so we can continue to improve for next year...what you liked, what you did not like, was staying at Boomerangs as a group good, changes you would like to see etc.

Thanks for your input!

tgonyaw 09-16-2021 03:48 PM

Re: Carlisle review

I was there Thursday and Friday. The tent, food, drinks were great. Enjoyed meeting owners and seeing the different cars. ZR-1 specific classes/info sessions were informative and shows a great depth of knowledge/contacts for these cars. I stayed at Boomerang's both nights and thought the staff did a great job. Hotel has basic needs covered at a very value orientated price. I enjoyed the lively conversation with the group till the bar closed Friday night/Saturday am.
Many thanks for background work that went into the hospitality tent each day!

staminqia 09-17-2021 01:35 PM

I had a blast! My C5 friend had fun too. It was a little hot Thursday and Friday, so maybe next year some A/C under the tent :) just kidding!
Charlie's pulled pork each day was great! Jim's dedication to the registry was awesome and his little show and tells were great intel boosts! Boomerangs was fun especially when we can all sit together and have a few drinks and discuss are cars to the wee hours of the morning. I don't know what you could do better, maybe reserve a table each night at boomerangs so we can all sit together?

Thanks, Anthony

Young1 09-17-2021 04:35 PM

I am going to have to get Carlisle on schedule for next year. The fun is getting together and staying up all night talking cars. And Charlie?s pork I have not had yet!

dredgeguy 09-20-2021 07:02 AM

Would be great to see you again Steve. I took a bottle of Habanero tequila and our bartender at Boomerangs used it to make us special ZR-1 "Hot" Margaritas! So good at night but not so good in the morning:)

Scrrem 09-20-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dredgeguy (Post 327263)
Would be great to see you again Steve. I took a bottle of Habanero tequila and our bartender at Boomerangs used it to make us special ZR-1 "Hot" Margaritas! So good at night but not so good in the morning:)

Oh, I can truly attest to the bad morning....:(
Rich

JThomas 09-20-2021 01:26 PM

Charlie:

I was there Thursday and Friday and enjoyed the company and food. The presentations by Jim Voter are always informative for me. The only thing I think would be better if we had maybe a feature car each day, where the registry showcased a car. There was a red maybe Callaway Car there this year that I have seen before that was absolutely gorgeous. Maybe a highest mileage car, and have the owner do a write up. Most original or lowest mileage car. Just something to add to the "display". Otherwise, I truly enjoy this group and the work that the board members do. Until next year. :thumbsup:

dredgeguy 09-21-2021 07:07 AM

Excellent recommendations Joe and thanks to all who offered observations/suggestions.

Meanmyz 09-24-2021 06:02 PM

I had a great time at Carlisle! Charlie, the pulled pork was great!!! Thank you!
Thank you to all the other members who help out with our club presence at Carlisle as well!

I have no complaints. My only regret was that I didn't spend more time at our Registry tent. However, I didn't spend enough time at the other tents that I had a connection to either. ...With this being my first time at Carlisle, it was OVERLOAD to try and take it all in. I guess I will just have to try and come back again!

I really enjoyed visiting with all you guys and value those new connections and friendships! I hope to see you all again!

efnfast 09-25-2021 10:18 AM

Had a blast, I always do. It was great to see everyone.
Thanks to all those that set it up so I could have a good time, I really appreciate your efforts.
Boomerangs was great. Make it better? I don't know. Dancing girls?
Steve