ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My car passed the test!!! (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23914)

ZRapid-1 09-28-2014 10:38 AM

My car passed the test!!!

My 1990 LT5 just took its last emissions test.
In CT, we have to get tested every 2 years until the car is 25 years old, so this was it.

Great results:
Carbon Monoxide measured only 0.04% against a 0.28% limit.
Nitrogen Oxides measured only 2 ppm against a 614 ppm limit.
Hydrocarbons were 42 ppm against a 53 ppm limit.

I did have to wait a long time for the test results though.
The guy who emission tests all the cars has to drive them in from the parking lot onto the test stand.
Then there are several trips in and out of the car for setup.
I found out the guy doing this was 74 years old and had to give up after driving the car in.
He said he could not get in and out of the car at his age. Had to wait for one of the younger kids to free up from the garage to come over and complete the test!

mike100 09-28-2014 11:40 AM

Re: My car passed the test!!!

I wish we had our 30 year exemption law still in place, but it go rewritten so we're screwed.

Kevin 09-28-2014 12:37 PM

Haven't had to deal with this crap since I bought the car. We don't have emissions in my county

Franke 09-28-2014 12:53 PM

In Colorado we do have emissions in several counties along the front range and its actually gotten tougher in the last few years. We did have exemptions for any antique vehicles when over 25 years old but not any longer as the govt here has decided that any vehicle qualifying has to be prior to 1975 now.

mike100 09-28-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franke (Post 213119)
In Colorado we do have emissions in several counties along the front range and its actually gotten tougher in the last few years. We did have exemptions for any antique vehicles when over 25 years old but not any longer as the govt here has decided that any vehicle qualifying has to be prior to 1975 now.

Trying to adopt CA compatible emissions laws it sounds like. CO used to be tougher than CA- at least for the big cities. Maybe you guys let too many of us move there.

Franke 09-28-2014 02:25 PM

We do have quite a few Californians moving here. I don't think CO can't support as many folks as CA because of the limited natural resources such as water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike100 (Post 213122)
Trying to adopt CA compatible emissions laws it sounds like. CO used to be tougher than CA- at least for the big cities. Maybe you guys let too many of us move there.

ghlkal 10-01-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZRapid-1 (Post 213112)
Great results:
Carbon Monoxide measured only 0.04% against a 0.28% limit.
Nitrogen Oxides measured only 2 ppm against a 614 ppm limit.
Hydrocarbons were 42 ppm against a 53 ppm limit.

Wow, those are excellent numbers, especially the NO2!

In WI, collector car status happens at 20 years and no more emissions tests after that =D>

Paul Workman 10-02-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghlkal (Post 213357)
Wow, those are excellent numbers, especially the NO2!

In WI, collector car status happens at 20 years and no more emissions tests after that =D>

Yeah...Suspiciously so! But, take it and run! =D>

thirstyzr1 10-06-2014 12:36 PM

In Ontario 1987 and older no Etest.
Pre OBD2 car is run on a dyno and reading done with the sniffer up the tail end.
Otherwise its a plug into the diagnostic port.
Service engine light is auto fail. They wont even test it.
My wifes 427000km toyota has had the service light on for 5 years. Always passed the dyno test. Now with the plug test...fail..so off to the scrap yard it went.