ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Road Trip Diary: Kentucky Bourbon Trail (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21153)

mrmojo1111 09-10-2013 04:19 PM

Road Trip Diary: Kentucky Bourbon Trail

My wife and I have just embarked on a much needed kid-free five-day road trip. We will be driving the Z from Springfield, Illinois to Louisville, Kentucky via St. Louis today. From there, we will tour the Kentucky Bourbon Trail before making a final stop at the NCM in BG. Should be plenty of photo-ops for the Z. Already got some nice shots in front of the Gateway Arch (thanks to scottfab for the suggestion). Stay tuned for pics and updates in this homage to Jim Voter's epic and wonderful Alaskan adventure thread.

mrmojo1111 09-11-2013 07:44 AM

Re: Road Trip Diary: Kentucky Bourbon Trail

2 Attachment(s)
The first leg of the trip has been largely uneventful. 350 miles from home to East St. Louis to Louisville. The car ran great and my wife Anna even commented on how comfortable it was, if perhaps just a little lid for her taste. We stayed nice and cool despite external temps of up to 100! Hit a torrential downpour in Southern Indiana going through the hills that made me remark, wait, how do I turn on the wipers!

QB93Z 09-11-2013 08:46 AM

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. You are traveling through some beautiful country. On every road trip a little rain must fall.

Have a safe trip and have fun!

Jim

mrmojo1111 09-11-2013 10:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First stop was at the Malcom W. Martin Memorial Park on the "riverfront" in East St. Louis (roll 'em up kids). Very nice park in the middle of an industrial area, but it provided a great view of the Gateway Arch. Westward Ho!

mrmojo1111 09-11-2013 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Indiana! This was shortly before the deluge. Notice how clean and sparkly the car still looks!

mrmojo1111 09-11-2013 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We finally arrived at our destination for the evening, the Inn at Woodhaven in Louisville. Here is our "room", the charming Rose Cottage with 25' vaulted ceiling and cupola. What a great place to stay! we both wish we were going to be here longer. After checking in, met up with some friends for dinner on the riverfront.

RedSled 09-11-2013 11:56 AM

Jealous. Looks like a nice trip so far.

LancePearson 09-11-2013 04:24 PM

Really nice trip. Good photos. Enjoy. You look like a great couple and have a nice car.

ghlkal 09-11-2013 10:03 PM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the images with us. Nice looking Z and great shots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmojo1111 (Post 182593)
wait, how do I turn on the wipers!

LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmojo1111 (Post 182601)
East St. Louis (roll 'em up kids)

Yup :eek:

mrmojo1111 09-13-2013 08:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Busy days on the Bourbon Trail have left little time for posting. Rained off and on all day yesterday and the car is filthy! Spent the evening tasting "exquisite" borbouns hand selected for me by the Colonel at the Kentucky Borboun House in Bardstown. Anna loved her mint julep as well!