ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   European tail light harness (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19333)

ZR-1 Franz 02-05-2013 07:11 AM

Re: European tail light harness

Whenever you go to Italy with your ZR-1, be sure your anti theft equipment is okay.
Never let the car alone. Me for my part I would never drive a Corvette to Italy,
especially not a ZR-1. I have to say I like some Italian cars. I would like to get
one day an Alfa Romeo Montreal V8. The car was built from 1970-1977. Its V8
is amazing, 2.6 litre, 4 overhead cams, dry sump, fuel injection and 200 hp! This was great at that time with such a small V8.
My wife drives a new Abarth 500. Small car, but really fast. If I would have already one, I would never drive
a Montreal to Italy, nor an Abarth 500, never an outstanding car.
A normal Fiat, yes!
By the way, I never liked these Europeans lights on Corvettes. In my opinion
they are ugly!

Franz

max76 02-05-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZR-1 Franz (Post 162678)
Whenever you go to Italy with your ZR-1, be sure your anti theft equipment is okay.
Never let the car alone. Me for my part I would never drive a Corvette to Italy,
especially not a ZR-1. I have to say I like some Italian cars. I would like to get
one day an Alfa Romeo Montreal V8. The car was built from 1970-1977. Its V8
is amazing, 2.6 litre, 4 overhead cams, dry sump, fuel injection and 200 hp! This was great at that time with such a small V8.
My wife drives a new Abarth 500. Small car, but really fast. If I would have already one, I would never drive
a Montreal to Italy, nor an Abarth 500, never an outstanding car.
A normal Fiat, yes!
By the way, I never liked these Europeans lights on Corvettes. In my opinion
they are ugly!

Franz

I think that the first part of your message is OFF TOPIC, and i don't want continue to be OFF TOPIC....

We was speaking of tail light...
OK...i need to do this midify because here in Italy the totally red lenses are illegal....
I think my modify is the right compromise between totally red or external orange lens and internl red lens (orrible for me)

Thomas ZR-1 02-05-2013 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes...sure but you can buy Europian tail lights at corvette central or ecklers. This are complete lamps not only lenses...have a look:

max76 02-05-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas ZR-1 (Post 162680)
Yes...sure but you can buy Europian tail lights at corvette central or ecklers. This are complete lamps not only lenses...have a look:

Eheheheheh...sure Thomas...i like it!!!!
But, do you have see how much are that?
I have Reprodutc the same tail light (home made...are not so nice as that in picture) using original tail light...so much less expensive!!!!

Thomas ZR-1 02-05-2013 10:09 AM

The picture is from corvette central:

TAILLIGHT - EUROPEAN STYLE

Item# 4941671991-1996

$129.95 EACH

quite expensive but fits perfect

nelson007 02-05-2013 10:37 AM

Hallo Thomas ZR1,
Are the tail lights the only thing that has to be changed for a Z to pass inspection in Germany. Does the older cars still have to pass emmission test?
I live part of the year in Augsburg.
Danke,
Nelson 007

max76 02-05-2013 10:43 AM

Thomas:
129.95$*4=519.8$+shipping+27% (italian tax)

You must buy also the new harness: 200$

I think the total is about 820$ (with shipping)
In Italy you take the price in euro and add the tax: 605euro+27%=about 770 euros

For me so much expensive...
My tail light fit perfectly too!!!!

Thomas ZR-1 02-06-2013 02:14 AM

Max

$520 for the tail lights + $60 for the shipping is $580...this are 445 Euro + the Italian taxes: 567 Euro. The original tail light harness is very easily to modify, you won`t need a new one...it`s no problem.

Thomas ZR-1 02-06-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelson007 (Post 162691)
Hallo Thomas ZR1,
Are the tail lights the only thing that has to be changed for a Z to pass inspection in Germany. Does the older cars still have to pass emmission test?
I live part of the year in Augsburg.
Danke,
Nelson 007

Hi Nelson

One of the best things with a corvette in Germany is: you can nearly do what you want with the car! The German inspection doesn`t know anything about corvettes. They are experts for Europian cars. But: you should be a nice guy if you have a date with the engineers at the inspection. The c4 is a 20 year old car...my car is a condition like new. My car at the inspection means everybody is astonished: What a great car! awesome sound! yes...that`s real v8 sound! Nobody realize the modifications. They can not compare it with other c4 corvettes because there are none. For sure, the relevant modification are registered in the car`s titel by special inspections over the years like Porsche brakes, Bilstein coil over suspension or the special rims and stuff like that...btw my car has the US style tail lights, I don`t like the Europian lamps...corvette flash lights has to be red!!!

Every car has to pass an emission test at the insection, that`s right...but that`s no problem if the cats are on board...btw don`t remove them from the car, it stinks horrible!

....don`t be afraid for the German inspection if your corvette is in a good condition!

nelson007 02-06-2013 10:33 AM

Danke Thomas ZR-1 for the information.
My biggest concern was in emission inspection. Do you have problems finding someone to work on the car? I was going to bring over one of my older Corvettes but they are BB and a couple of LT1's high performance. My Z is the only Corvette that I own that's not too bad in the wallet concerning gas.

Viele Grüße und vielen Dank,

Nelson007