ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Group Purchase of a Samco Air Intake Duct (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=833)

Z Factor 08-31-2005 10:18 PM

Group Purchase of a Samco Air Intake Duct

I have noticed over the years that we have had some issues with our stock air intakes tearing or collapsing. Mark Coplin has sold an insert to prevent the collapsing issue, but I know some of you have wanted to get your hands on the Samco Air Intake Ducts like LPE use to install. I have found a source for them, but they will cost $158.00
So when I inquired about a group purchase, I was told that we could get them down to $130.00 (maybe less) with enough units ordered. I am not sure about color availability at this point, but I think several of the high gloss finishes are available such as blue, black, red, green, purple, yellow and orange.

So if you are interested in ordering one, sign up in this thread.

:cheers:

WB9MCW 08-31-2005 10:48 PM

I must just be lucky

60k miles and my duct looks purrrfect....better find sum wood to knock on!!! doyathink that some are just thinner than others??? :confused:

bowtiguy 08-31-2005 11:58 PM

count me in for a black one AND a blue one for my pops 1991 quazar ZR1.

$158 or $130 I'm game for it, just let me know when we need to send the funds. Most folks are worried about collapsing the bellow <sp?> I need one stronger for a forced fed application ;-):dancing

Z Factor 09-01-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WB9MCW
60k miles and my duct looks purrrfect....better find sum wood to knock on!!! doyathink that some are just thinner than others??? :confused:

Glad to hear it, as is mine. :thumbsup:

I suspect that some are put under greater stress than others :wink: It could also be a problem with them being taken off for periods of time and slightly deforming or getting crimped. I would not doubt that some are exposed to greater temperature extremes which might also have an effect on them.

The Samco Duct is desired by some for cosmetic reasons, and others will want one to eliminate the accordion effect of the intake. I am not sure that anyone has done a flow test to determine if the smooth Samco reduces air intake turbulence, but some people believe it works. I think I will order one myself just to have as a backup to the GM, or visa versa.

:cheers:

WB9MCW 09-01-2005 12:10 AM

rub a dub dub....

I SEE THE ACCORDIAN RUB AGAINST MY HOOD AND it mars the paint and white frb shows through,,,a bit ulgy and neg points at a show i suppose!

cuisinartvette 09-01-2005 01:01 AM

Put me down for a black one ('90)

tf95ZR1 09-01-2005 02:44 AM

A red one for me........

Ted Feder
95 ZR1

zr1_368 09-01-2005 10:40 AM

samco hose.

I am interested in one blue samco hose for my zr1 air duct.
If you need to contact me you can E-mail at Louisdispinse30@hotmail.com.
Regards Louis

Aurora40 09-01-2005 10:40 AM

I'm in. I'd prefer a black one.

Kevin 09-01-2005 10:52 AM

Bryan,
your duct may look perfect but I can assure you it is causing you problems. Open your hood and pinch the duct and see how easily it collapses. This is costing you power when you go wot. Of course if you have changed out the duct to an aftermarket one then this isn't a problem.