ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dyno Sheet Petition (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12340)

LGAFF 07-10-2010 09:29 AM

Dyno Sheet Petition

There are several on line petition sites that are free or very reasonable in costs.....wondering if anyone is interested in pursuing this? I did write up a quick note to attach and certainly open to redrafting....

Hello,

I am a proud member of the General Motors family, an owner of a C4 Corvette ZR-1, as well as a member of the ZR-1 registry. As you know, the C4 ZR-1 holds a special place in both Corvette and GM history; the first DOHC Corvette motor, the 24hr endurance record at Ft. Stockton, as well a placing the Corvette in supercar status with the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

As a member of the ZR-1 Registry, we continue as caretakers of this unique automotive icon. Over the years, as support for the ZR-1 has dwindled and parts become scarce, we have pooled our resources to manufacture our own gaskets, bearings, and other items required to maintain the Heart of the Beast.

We have also pooled our resources to continue the development of the LT-5 motor, including development of large displacement small block LT-5s that produce over 600hp. Other automotive enthusiasts are amazed as this 20 year old legend continues to compete with newer automotive technology.

Lastly, we are preservationist of history, collecting articles, preproduction pieces, as well as supporting NCRS restorations. However, one piece continues to elude us, the original dyno sheets from Mercury Marine, each one unique to each of the 6,939 ZR-1 LT-5 engines produced from 1990-1995. Currently, the dyno sheets are housed at the National Corvette Museum. We have been informed that GM forbids the distribution of these sheets to the public.

We are writing to you requesting that the dyno sheets be released, in copy form, to current owners of C4 ZR-1s so that we can add this final piece to the legendary puzzle. Certainly this is a great opportunity to generate revenue and support for the National Corvette Museum as well as display your support for caretakers of this unique piece of GM history.
We anxiously await your reply and thank you for your time.

secondchance 07-10-2010 09:41 AM

Re: Dyno Sheet Petition

Count me in!

tomtom72 07-10-2010 09:49 AM

Man Lee nice writing talents! You are the Wordsmith!

Okay, I'm in. I would pay to obtain a copy of my motor's original MM test cell dyno sheet.

What do i do to support your efforts in this matter? Sorry if I'm a bit dense....but whom do I write to in support of your effort?

:cheers:
Tom

RUSSELL 07-10-2010 09:52 AM

Count me in too!!

carter200 07-10-2010 11:03 AM

:wave: me too

XfireZ51 07-10-2010 03:06 PM

Well put!:cheers:

bdw18_123 07-10-2010 03:21 PM

I'm in! :thumbsup:

PhillipsLT5 07-10-2010 06:35 PM

You write well, lessons from JVD?
I'm in

vettn71 07-10-2010 07:28 PM

Lee

I'm in all the way. I spoke with Johnny Downs, the Board member representative for the Lone Star Corvette Club to the NCM. Johnny said he would ask around, and if owners are willing to pony up the dollars, he doesn't know why the NCM wouldn't work something out

Jim

ZZZZZR1 07-10-2010 07:34 PM

Lee,

I've talked with the NCM extensively and said there is no way we can get them... (no matter how much we contribute)

Things might change in time, but I've brought it up for the past 2 years with no potential in sight.

I'd be happy to join up in the petition though!

:cheers:

David