ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How Deep is your ZR-1 Passion? (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24947)

C4Ray 04-21-2015 03:48 AM

How Deep is your ZR-1 Passion?

A provocative question perhaps.

Married or single guys, ...............

If you had enough money and a large warehouse/man cave to support and maintain about 10 C4s/ZR1s, would you drop the money?

And please you married guys don't blame your wife for not letting you do what you want.

Meanmyz 04-21-2015 03:03 PM

Re: How Deep is your ZR-1 Passion?

Ok, I'll bite.

I like ZR-1's like Bugs Bunny likes carrots. Knowing that I could do any number of different lists...modified cars, all of one year, etc., but I will keep this list limited to one car from each year.

1990 - Competition yellow/saddle interior - 1 of 23 in Comp. Yellow for '90
1991 - Steel Blue/Steel Blue interior
1992 - Quasar Blue/light beige interior
1993 - A nice Ruby...or...maybe a limited something...I'll take Steve's Comp. yellow/white, or maybe a Bright Aqua/white, if any were made (without checking).
1994 - Black Rose/Beige
1995 - Admiral Blue/black or gray

But then again, I could go for any number of colors.

Kevin 04-21-2015 03:04 PM

I'd add a big cube car and sort out my 90 and that's it. Time marches on, time for a new generation of car

NVMYRC51 04-21-2015 03:23 PM

No, I would not have a stable full of ZR-1's but 2 would be a nice round number. 1 stock, 1 modified to my specs. BUT I would have a warehouse full of cars that would include "other" Corvettes that I highly prize for one reason or another and I will blaspheme and add that I would have a couple Vipers that I highly covet and even more than a few Mustangs. As is I am definitely a budget collector with my 90 ZR-1 being my second toy/collectible having sold my 96 Viper RT10. The ZR-1 however will probably be the cornerstone of my collection. Currently looking, without my wifes knowledge, for either a C5 ZO6, early C3, or a Viper GTS any of which catches my eye for whatever reason and it is within my budget. It's funny how my "budget" can stretch to include what does catch my eye.

Meanmyz 04-21-2015 03:57 PM

I guess I have to agree with you guys. There are so many nice cars out there. I like to be able to maintain and care for my cars, so there comes a time when "enough is enough".

Since we are DREAMING and as far as contemporary sports cars go, I would have:

- A new Viper TA (in the TA orange...not sure if they come any other way)
- 2006 Ford GT (extra points for Heritage Edition)
- new Z06

Old Corvettes...where to start...?

We Gone 04-21-2015 04:33 PM

Would love to face that decision but I still live in a real world and feel blessed to have the ones I do. I think it stands that I have a thing for ZR-1's as I could own about any car I wanted and do. I will own and take care of mine as long as I am able than pass them on to the next caretaker. I already live the dream why ask for more!!

Gunny 04-21-2015 05:23 PM

Like Steve, I've been blessed in that I have two Vettes parked in the garage PLUS a very understanding, encouraging wife who wants me to fully enjoy my hobby.

My wish list in addition to my 90 ZR-1 and 02 ZO6:
Another C5 ZO6 but modified with a 427 and the Tiger Shark body kit
A mid-year
A C3 - perhaps one of the ZR-1's
A C7 ZO6
A Cobra (2 seater)
A 61 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite (to replace the one I had to sell when I got drafted many years ago)

Oddly enough, I don't have any great desire for an early Vette nor am I particularly looking for a C6 ... and yes, there are so many great cars out there. I suppose my wish list isn't too "over the top" but the reality is that I need to fully enjoy what I already have.

Meanmyz 04-21-2015 06:18 PM

Good advice Gunny & We Gone.

Karl 04-21-2015 07:28 PM

I have no need to own 10 ZR-1. I can only drive one at a time!

I would keep my '92 and do a few more upgrades to it and purchase one of those twin turbo LPE LT'5's or a LPE '95 415 cube care.

thirstyzr1 04-21-2015 07:34 PM

I would go with 3. A stock one for both the Mrs and my self and a heavily modified one.
The Mrs would also put a '37 Chev half tonne In the fleet.