ZR-1 Net Registry Forums

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums (http://zr1.net/forum/index.php)
-   C4 ZR-1 General Postings (http://zr1.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   General Website Gripes (http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23574)

WARP TEN 08-16-2014 11:46 AM

General Website Gripes

Hi guys--
I don't like to complain but I have two general website gripes that have been bugging me for a long time and came to a head recently.

One is that there is a very quick timeout on this website. If I take a few minutes to compose a posting or a reply to a private message, the website will timeout when I try to post it and say I have to sign in. And most irritating is that the text disappears. Then I have to sign on again and re-write the post. It happened again this morning trying to reply to a PM. Twice it kicked me out when I tried to post--fortunately the second time I had copied the text before hitting the post button, so I signed on a third time and was finally able to post. And you can't tell you'll be kicked out because your log in shows that you are still logged in. This never happens on any of the other Corvette and other forums that I frequent, including ones by V-Bulletin. Only here. Can we not correct this with our web hosting firm? It is extremely annoying.

The second is that the website is often very slow. I have to wait and wait when I post a reply or go back and forth between postings. Have we switched servers in the past year or so? None of the other websites are as slow as this one in switching pages and it is often so slow that I simply give up and go to other forums. Is there not a solution to this also? Sorry--just a little annoyed this morning. --Bob

Paul Workman 08-16-2014 01:05 PM

Re: General Website Gripes

Really!?

Having NONE of those issues here, Bob! I'm using (ed.) FOXFIRE, FWIW.

(I simply HATE auto-correct.)

Paul.

WARP TEN 08-16-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Workman (Post 209783)
Really!?

Having NONE of those issues here, Bob! I'm using Forefox, FWIW.

Paul.

If other websites weren't so much better in these areas I would not have noted the situation. I am using Windows Internet Explorer 10. Seems to work fine with all other websites. I have never been timed out on any other sites, and they certainly all seem faster. But the fact that you don't have problems may mean it has something to do with my system. But a bit of a puzzle since I just don't have the same issues with other venues. --Bob

-=Jeff=- 08-16-2014 03:34 PM

Bob I have seen the same speed issues.. I am always signed in do that is not a issue for me. There are days this site is very slow and other when it is fine. I too have asked and the response was it was five for them.. Must be me..

I have seen the issues on 3 different computers, 2 different androids and 5 different Internet provider connections

XfireZ51 08-16-2014 03:43 PM

I'd like it if we could post pics directly or at least attach larger files.

LGAFF 08-16-2014 04:10 PM

I never have had slowness issues.....for the clockout on the post, I always "copy" my note to avoid the potential of losing it.

efnfast 08-16-2014 04:53 PM

I've never been timed out. Matter of fact, when I open the window, I'm logged in. I would be in trouble if I had to log in, wouldn't know how to do it.

And I'm always quick between pages, never wait long, five seconds would be slow for me.????

WVZR-1 08-16-2014 07:11 PM

OP - Is you PC a Win 7 or Win 8 machine? If yes try running IE with no add-ons and see if that might help. START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > INTERNET EXPLORER (NO ADD ONS).

If it's a Win7 or Win8 machine maybe try IE11. I believe even in Vista there might be the 'no add-ons' option for IE10.

bdw18_123 08-16-2014 07:45 PM

How about that super annoying 6 picture limit per post? I'd LOVE to see that disappear...

Racinfan83 08-16-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdw18_123 (Post 209804)
How about that super annoying 6 picture limit per post? I'd LOVE to see that disappear...

What HE said ^^^^^^^ =D>

I have never been "timed out". Never have to sign out and back in either - just have it set on "remember me". Not sure what that is about....???

And YES I have noticed the site is slow a lot of times. Especially when posting - it sometimes takes a while to go through. Also when switching between threads. This is the same either on my phone, laptop, or tablet. I still run Vista on my old laptop, with Chrome browser. And I don't have "slowness" issues on any other forum site....