PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Minutes

Hammer
10-11-2009, 11:05 AM
I was checking out the Bowling Green Assembly Plant Club site and found these. I think it would be nice to see some from the Registry Club meetings that are held (even the phone ones). Maybe they chould be posted in the members section, but they should be done.

Bowling Green Assembly
Corvette Club Meeting
Date August 1, 2009
Meeting was called to order @ 10:00 a.m. by Dave Chrisley.
Minutes from previous meeting were read by Recording Secretary, Rollie Bell.
A motion was made and second to accept the minutes as read. (Motion passed)
Financial report was given by Rollie Bell.
A motion was made and second to accept the financial report as read. (Motion passed)
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Great job was done on National Corvette Homecoming.
Volunteers are needed for 15th Anniversary at the Corvette museum if you need more information contact Doug at 2009sncc@gmail.com.
WE had a member Bob Biederman pass away our prayers go out to his family.
There is a car show in Columbus Ohio next weekend if any one interest in going or need information you can email Dave Chrisley.
MOTIONS
A motion was made and second to go to the Hot Rods ball game for August Fun Run. (Motion passed) The ball game is on August 28 more information will come later.
A motion was made and second to buy doughnuts and coffee for volunteers working in the plant, Jim Van Dorn and Joe Pruitt said they would buy them. (Motion passed)
A motion was made and second to have September Fun Run go to Coke Cola Museum in Elizabeth Town. (Motion passed)
A motion was made and second to purchase shirts for the car show. (Motion passed)
A motion was made and second to have a meeting the week of Aug. 8th to get committee set up for the Car show. (Motion passed)
Vito D’Angelo won the 50/50.
A motion was made and second to adjourn. (Motion passed).
Rollie B. Bell,
Recording Secretary

QB93Z
10-13-2009, 08:10 AM
I agree. It would be a boost to the Registry if the minutes of the meetings and the financial statements were posted so that members could see all the neat stuff we do.

Jim

A1990
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Financial statements were done the first year, never since. I agree, disclosure would be nice.

Jeffvette
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Financial statements were done the first year, never since. I agree, disclosure would be nice.

Dennis, I did the financial statements this year. We had to fill an extension as some of the info had been muddled. in the changeover. They will be posted in the newsletter and online shortly. I will talk to Ron about the meeting minutes.

A1990
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Jeff, thanks for the reply. Have the other years been posted and I missed them? I don't always keep up like I should.

Jeffvette
10-13-2009, 09:09 PM
The very first year was done, and the subsequent years were not. Not sure why.

A1990
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Jeff, I appreciate you getting the club financial done. Won't be long before you get to do it all again. Of course, if you stay on schedule, like most things, it is easier in time.

One question: In the revenues section it lists memberships and a special donation. Does the membership line item include other sales such as t-shirts, decals, posters, etc?

Thanks again for your effort :thumbsup:

Jeffvette
11-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Jeff, I appreciate you getting the club financial done. Won't be long before you get to do it all again. Of course, if you stay on schedule, like most things, it is easier in time.

One question: In the revenues section it lists memberships and a special donation. Does the membership line item include other sales such as t-shirts, decals, posters, etc?

Thanks again for your effort :thumbsup:

Dennis, let me say this was a mess. We had funds in a bank in WV, whom we could not get to communicate with us to get the new board members set up. Come to find out that the protection we wanted (to keep somebody from walking away with the money) were not in place. The new account we have to have dual signatures on ALL checks. Either I, Dave Bright or Ron Kreigh need to sign a check to get payment processed. Currently, I fill out the checks and mail them off, or in the case of BG bring them with me to have Dave or Ron sign. We also have a card attached to the bank with a low limit. Our vendors now like this feature instead of waiting for checks.

When I took over we had funds in two places, the bank in WV and paypal. We created a new account at a bank here in the PNW and began the slow process of shutting down the WV and removing all the funds from paypal.

In the transition period from Dan Durbin, the books were left alone basically and the record keeping was basically in the form of checks for payments going out and a smattering of entries into quickbooks. After auditing and trying to decipher shirt, badge and other misc sales it was too big of a task. So for this year, membership income consisted of all sales. Which is crappy, but the best way for me to close everything out after filing an extension. Realistically, the other sales other than true membership only make up a small portion of the clubs intake.

Taxes for the 2009 year will be easier. I should have everything wrapped up before taxes are due for non profit orgs on May 15th.

A1990
11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the quick response. It looked like that might be the case since the amount ended in .18

I appreciate your efforts to straighten that mess out. Big difference between doing accounting and thinking you can!!!

Sometimes thinking you can is worse that doing nothing at all.

Hammer
11-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Jeff, thanks for your work, for one really appreciate it and I appreciate finally having someone involved who gives a ****. The Registry went this way once before if I'm not mistaken.

As you know I have been inquiring about this stuff for several years now and never got much of an answer so I really appreciate this finally coming out. This has been a big concern of mine as I have been in clubs before and the finances are always a bit on the dark side. I was President of a club and even then it was hard to get financial data.

The big difference betweeen the Registry and the clubs I have been in is at least they were local and I could attend meetings and participate. With the Registry I hesitate as it seems there are funds that we have to spend out of our pockets to be a viable part of the board. Phone bills, possibly attending the annual meeting and so on. I'll chat with you offline about those after a bit though.

QB93Z
11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Jeff, I would like to add my thanks for working to get the club's finances straightened out. Would it be possible to post a statement that shows the club's financial balance?

Thanks,

Jim

HAWAIIZR-1
11-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks to all involved for your hard work and helping to keep the dream alive. It is really appreciated. :handshak::cheers:

zr1mom
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes Jeff had a big mess to clean up and he done a great job in doing so. Going forth we will again post the financial data in the newsletter and on the Registry web site in the member only section.

Thanks!
Mom

zr1mom
12-04-2009, 06:12 PM
This post was moved to the "Registry Member" only section.

Mom

QB93Z
12-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for posting the minutes Dave. I know that was a lot of work.

Here are some things I suggest the board take a look at:

Is it possible to have some parts of the forum be "Members Only"? Right now there is very little incentive to join the ZR-1 Net Registry.

Also there should be a forum area where we can discuss club business in "private", ie members only.

Does the ListServe contain all the registry members, and only registry members?

Is there a procedure or time frame to periodically change the assignments to Regional and State Directors?

At Bowling Green, I suggest we offer a beginner's drag racing event. It could include a seminar like we had two years ago and a designated area/time at the track to walk new folks through the procedures at the track. I volunteer to help with the "instructional" part of the event. Maybe some one else can volunteer to teach how to go fast. I think more people will enjoy their cars if they can be coached through the fear of doing something stupid at the track syndrome.

Thanks,

Jim Voter

Hammer
12-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that as I have been curious for a long time about what happens, let alone if board meeting are even held officially. Looks like they do. This is a very good thing and I hope it keeps up, this is the kind of disclosure this group should have.

Thanks Again.

bobbyhi
12-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I know that this isn't the spot for this post but it seems to have gotten the attention of the board.

George or Mom - I haven't heard anything regarding the 2 polo shirts that I ordered last Aug/Sept. Please check and let me know. Thanks..

A1990
12-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks for posting these. I am all for adding something special to the registration package even if there is extra cost. Should be something significant and collectible for the 20th anniversary.

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for posting the minutes Dave. I know that was a lot of work.

Here are some things I suggest the board take a look at:

Is it possible to have some parts of the forum be "Members Only"? Right now there is very little incentive to join the ZR-1 Net Registry.

Done! Let me know if it asks you for a password or not.

Also there should be a forum area where we can discuss club business in "private", ie members only..

Does the ListServe contain all the registry members, and only registry members?

There are 2 listservers. The original "ZR-1 Net" listserver that is open to anyone whether you're a Registry member or not. The 2nd listserver is for Registry Members only however it's a one way street. Only used to send announcements to members. It's not for members to post to. That is what this forum is used for. Now we have a "Members" only forum here I just created.

Is there a procedure or time frame to periodically change the assignments to Regional and State Directors?

Not at this time. To be honest it's hard to find anyone that wants to do it and those that are doing it aren't really doing much with a couple of exceptions. I wanted to remove State Dirs all together but go shot down.

At Bowling Green, I suggest we offer a beginner's drag racing event. It could include a seminar like we had two years ago and a designated area/time at the track to walk new folks through the procedures at the track. I volunteer to help with the "instructional" part of the event. Maybe some one else can volunteer to teach how to go fast. I think more people will enjoy their cars if they can be coached through the fear of doing something stupid at the track syndrome.

Good idea! I will push this down the line and see what we can set up.

Thanks!
Mom

Thanks,

Jim Voter[/quote]

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that as I have been curious for a long time about what happens, let alone if board meeting are even held officially. Looks like they do. This is a very good thing and I hope it keeps up, this is the kind of disclosure this group should have.

Thanks Again.

We try our best to hold phone meetings when we can. Tough to do sometimes. We also have a board meeting at BG each year.

Thanks!
Mom

Hammer
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM

I've been there and didn't get asked for a password. Are you setting that up Dave or is Z Factor?

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:25 PM
I know that this isn't the spot for this post but it seems to have gotten the attention of the board.

George or Mom - I haven't heard anything regarding the 2 polo shirts that I ordered last Aug/Sept. Please check and let me know. Thanks..

Sorry to hear this. I will contact our Membership Dir and have him check into it.

Thanks!
Mom

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I've been there and didn't get asked for a password. Are you setting that up Dave or is Z Factor?

I am, for some reason it's not working. Let me play around some more.

Thanks,
Mom

Hammer
12-05-2009, 12:27 PM
We try our best to hold phone meetings when we can. Tough to do sometimes. We also have a board meeting at BG each year.

Thanks!
Mom

What's your thoughts on moving the meeting minutes thread to the member forum you just created?

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks for posting these. I am all for adding something special to the registration package even if there is extra cost. Should be something significant and collectible for the 20th anniversary.

We won't be actually adding anything to the Registration package per se.
When you go to either event you will see these items available at the Registry table.

Thanks,
Mom

Hammer
12-05-2009, 12:33 PM
We won't be actually adding anything to the Registration package per se.
When you go to either event you will see these items available at the Registry table.

Thanks,
Mom

Throw some bones Mom, whatcha thinking about and how much? I'll be at BG and need to know how much money to bring. Maybe this post can be started again in the NEW Registry Member forum. =D>

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks to all involved for your hard work and helping to keep the dream alive. It is really appreciated. :handshak::cheers:

Welcome! And thank you!

Mom

zr1mom
12-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Throw some bones Mom, whatcha thinking about and how much? I'll be at BG and need to know how much money to bring. Maybe this post can be started again in the NEW Registry Member forum. =D>

Right now in the $25 to $30 range for the whole package.

Mom