PDA

View Full Version : Oct 17 Byron Drags

XfireZ51
10-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Here's a note from the Sunburst Corvette Club. We're invited for a final year end drag fest. Let me know because we'll need a count :dancing.

Hi Dominic

We would welcome any Corvettes your group would like to bring. Please let me know how many participants you expect so we can alert the dragstrip. That is how they decide how many staging lanes we get. Also, if we have more than 8 cars (and I am pretty sure we will) they provide a couple of trophies for 1st and 2nd place cars.

We run straight brackets, time runs in the a.m. and eliminations after lunch.

We will set up on the grass at the north side of the track about 9am. Usually we bring snacks to share and provide our own lunches. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with, and be sure when you check in that you tell them you are with Sunburst so they give you the right numbers.

I am attaching our flyer so you can see all the information.

See you there!

Teresa

LGAFF
10-05-2009, 10:27 PM
I am in!

:mrgreen:

Paul Workman
10-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds like fun! Hope to see the "BIG GUNS" of the FBI come out for a change!

P.

Ccmano
10-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm in if I'm not in California house hunting.
H
:cheers:

XfireZ51
10-13-2009, 08:24 AM
I'd like to get back to Sunburst CC and give them a count of how many of us will show up next Saturday. So far looks like 3 and PW observing.
Anyone else? Probably one of the last opportunities for the year to blow the carbon out? Pete, Al, Marc, Bob?

Ccmano
10-13-2009, 10:00 AM
I spoke to Don yesterday, looks like he will come, but not run.
H

Pete
10-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm up in the air.:dontknow:

I really don't like Byron it's a weekend track and they have 1950's grandfather clocks for ET's.lol

Now i know why some of the FBI guys are disapointed with there Z's

I would rather go to GLD on Wendesday. :)

Pete

XfireZ51
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm up in the air.:dontknow:

I really don't like Byron it's a weekend track and they have 1950's grandfather clocks for ET's.lol

Now i know why some of the FBI guys are disapointed with there Z's

I would rather go to GLD on Wendesday. :)

Pete

The weather doesn't look good for tomorrow. This is a Corvette event and since we didn't make it to 41, let's do the last event for the year. For me, I'd like to see if there is consistency between tracks. My last times, Lgaff and Ccmano's times were from GLD not Byron. Saturday looks like it will be a nice day for good air. Come on! :thumbsup::worship:

Paul Workman
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I plan to be there, even if only for moral support and perhaps a little "filming"!:thumbsup:.

I can't put into words the disappointment I feel over missing most of the season for one reason or another. It just hasn't been a good year for my "lil red Corvette".:( So! in lieu of racing myself, I'm hoping Pete and the "Big Guns" will come and we can witness the FBI putting the fear of LOTUS in the hearts and minds of C5 & 6 drivers!:sign10::dancing)

Sounds like fun!!:thumbsup:

P.

Ccmano
10-16-2009, 08:36 PM
What's the deal guys? AccuWeather says sun by 7am. Lee want s to go and so do I. Where do we meet for breakfast?
H

LGAFF
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Dominic said something about Grandma's in Bellvidere......this is a frontage road off Rte 20. Before the Chrysler plant.

320 W Chrysler Drive,
Belvidere, IL 61008

Ccmano
10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
What time?
H

LGAFF
10-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Looks like sunburst is meeting at Gtandma's at 7:30am....how about 8am at Grandmas????? Dominic is on board with that time.

Ccmano
10-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Works for me, see you there...
H

XfireZ51
10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
C U at Grandma's at 8. Tollway to Genoa Rd exit then north to 20 and then west on 20 to Chrysler Drive.

LGAFF
10-16-2009, 10:18 PM
I am doing farmroad twisties to 20 in Marengo and then over to Belividere.

XfireZ51
10-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes Pete, :worship: you were right. Byron sucked today. Pretty good stick at the line, but mid track was a problem. Too may Mustangs breaking today. 6 cars since 1pm. I almost lost the car on last run when I hit somebody else's diff lube shifting into 3rd gear. May try to hit GLD one last time during the week before snow flies.

Ccmano
10-18-2009, 08:29 AM
While I agree with Dom that Byron sucked yesterday, I did manage to eek the best time and speed to date out of my Z;

12.88 at 116.17mph:dancing

Proving one thing, it was the driver not the car.

The track itself really wasn't too bad, the problem was the shear number of cars trying to run (there were a ton) and the continual car breakdowns spraying oil, coolant or parts on to the track shutting it down for 20 minutes or longer at a time. Very frustrating.
H

XfireZ51
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
While I agree with Dom that Byron sucked yesterday, I did manage to eek the best time and speed to date out of my Z;

12.88 at 116.17mph:dancing

Proving one thing, it was the driver not the car.

The track itself really wasn't too bad, the problem was the shear number of cars trying to run (there were a ton) and the continual car breakdowns spraying oil, coolant or parts on to the track shutting it down for 20 minutes or longer at a time. Very frustrating.
H

Congrats Hans. I was able to watch you reel in that C6 as I was going back to the pit area driving down the return chute. My first and only real run was up against a C5Z, and although both of us had to back off mid track with spinning tires, he was still pretty impressed with the way I was able to pull away from him in the second half of the run. I explained to him that the ZR-1 power curve is like the Energizer Bunny, it just keeps going and going and going and... :thumbsup::mrgreen:

BTW,

great thanks to the members from Sunburst Corvettes. All really nice people and great fun to be with. Really appreciate them welcoming us as part of their group. In fact they also had another Corvette club join up at the track