PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 2009

jrd1990zr1
08-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Made it back from the monsoons at Carlisle. Great event again this year even though soggy.

I want to thank all the members and especially Dave (ZZZZZR1) for the excellent event. Dave really went the extra mile!!!!!
I am really impressed by the way the event went.

Thank you to all!!! :cheers:

ZZZZZR1
08-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Made it back from the monsoons at Carlisle. Great event again this year even though soggy.

I want to thank all the members and especially Dave (ZZZZZR1) for the excellent event. Dave really went the extra mile!!!!!
I am really impressed by the way the event went.

Thank you to all!!! :cheers:

It's great to be around wonderful enthusiasts and I can't wait for out 20th anniversary next year!!!!

Thanks for the compliments! :thumbsup:

David

RICKYRJ1
08-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Another great year to see some freindly faces and some nice Z's. Dave was there? :dontknow: :mrgreen:

ZR1Vette
08-31-2009, 06:12 AM
I hope someone took pics and will post...for those of us that were MIA for the event :hello:

QB93Z
08-31-2009, 08:13 AM
I had a great time in Carlisle. I counted about 50 ZR-1's. Great job Dave! I got some pictures that I will post soon.

Congratulations are in order for two of our members:

Kirk (KirkStingray) won First Place in the NCCC judged Concours show.

Darrin (ZR1nce removed) won a Celebrity Choice Award presented by Gordon Killebrew.

Well done!

Jim

ZR-1nce removed
08-31-2009, 10:10 AM
I was truly honored to receive Gordon's choice. He was supervising Jim and I during the plenum pull. As we were finishing up he placed his celebrity pick sticker on the windshield and said "this is my favorite ZR-1" he then placed his hand on my shoulder and said " that was for your Dad" I can't begin to explain how special his gesture was to me. Dad had gone to Gordon's school and really enjoyed visiting with him and Chris every time he saw them. I was truly moved by Gordon's consideration. especially since this is the first carlisle event since I lost my Dad. As if receiving Gordon's choice wasn't special enough, I was fortunate to have my other brother Darryl in town from Jacksonville Florida for the event to witness Dad's car recieve such a special award. MANY thanks to Gordon and thanks to Jim for joining me for the parade.

ZZZZZR1
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
I was truly honored to receive Gordon's choice. He was supervising Jim and I during the plenum pull. As we were finishing up he placed his celebrity pick sticker on the windshield and said "this is my favorite ZR-1" he then placed his hand on my shoulder and said " that was for your Dad" I can't begin to explain how special his gesture was to me. Dad had gone to Gordon's school and really enjoyed visiting with him and Chris every time he saw them. I was truly moved by Gordon's consideration. especially since this is the first carlisle event since I lost my Dad. As if receiving Gordon's choice wasn't special enough, I was fortunate to have my other brother Darryl in town from Jacksonville Florida for the event to witness Dad's car recieve such a special award. MANY thanks to Gordon and thanks to Jim for joining me for the parade.

What a great day.... Special thanks to Darrin, Jim and Susan for helping transport / "house" our supplies for our Event!!!!

Great what Gordon did and wrote on your Celebrity Choice Award. Something to be cherished. Have to love that Gentleman!

:thumbsup:

David

ZR1Vette
08-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Wow... what a great day and congrats Darrin! :handshak:

Gunny
08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
I hope someone took pics and will post...for those of us that were MIA for the event :hello:

Took a few ... will post when I get home on Wed

George

Gunny
09-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Click HERE (http://www.zrwon.com/gallery/carlisle09) for more Carlisle Pics

SAVING THE WAVE

http://www.zrwon.com/gallery/carlisle09/slides/IMG_5770.JPG

Gunny
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM
If anyone has some Carlisle pics that they want to share but don't have a good place to host/post them, email them to me and I'll add them to my Carlisle album.

George

HIZNHRZ
09-02-2009, 07:37 PM

Congrats Darrin. Glad to see you and your Dad have another moment to share.

QB93Z
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Here is a picture of Darrin receiving the Celebrity Choice Award from Gorden Killebrew and Lance Miller. Congratulations Darrin.
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp152/QB93Z/Darringettingawardcropped.jpg

ZZZZZR1
09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Here is a picture of Darrin receiving the Celebrity Choice Award from Gorden Killebrew and Lance Miller. Congratulations Darrin.
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp152/QB93Z/Darringettingawardcropped.jpg

Who is that in the passenger seat? :thumbsup:

That car sure does look "polished" too!!!!!! Great job Darrin!

EuroPete
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi guys! I only wanted to deeply thank you all for how you welcomed and treated us in Corvettes at Carlisle: definitely you're one of a kind!

As soon as I can I'll add the pictures we made at the other open thread.

Carlos, Ramon, Toni & Pedro
Madrid & Barcelona (Spain)

RICKYRJ1
09-05-2009, 06:03 PM
It is always great to see you guys. You are a true asset to our small ZR1 community. If you are ever in the New York area, it would be great to have you over for dinner and a little fun with the Z. Don't even bother getting a hotel, I have room for all of you. Ramon, thanks for the time Saturday night talking ZR1's. Your passion for our cars is second to none. :cheers: My Brothers, Look forward to seeing your group again soon.

Rick.

ZZZZZR1
09-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi guys! I only wanted to deeply thank you all for how you welcomed and treated us in Corvettes at Carlisle: definitely you're one of a kind!

As soon as I can I'll add the pictures we made at the other open thread.

Carlos, Ramon, Toni & Pedro
Madrid & Barcelona (Spain)

Such a pleasure meeting Pedro and Toni... Great seeing Carlos and Ramon again!!

Look forward to another great year next year and our Spanish Group makes it a really special occasion!

Hope to see you again soon

Regards,

David