PDA

View Full Version : utube video of me beating an 03 cobra

jonszr1
08-28-2009, 02:25 PM
it was a close race track very slippery, but it was sure fun beating that car .video under LT1BURNOUT. enjoy

XfireZ51
08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
it was a close race track very slippery, but it was sure fun beating that car .video under LT1BURNOUT. enjoy

Brad,

You need to link to vid.

LGAFF
08-28-2009, 08:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI9oFABGk30

rhipsher
08-28-2009, 08:50 PM
I've driven your white Z and it is one fast MoFo but that cobra was right on your tail. You got off the line before he did otherwise you would have been neck and neck. I've driven a Cobra and that little 281ci is peppy. There's a new familly that just moved in across the street from me and the husband has a brand new Saleen mustang. Last I remembered they had the same motor as the cobra but they have a trick suspension package. Also last I remember they were about $47,000 brand new.
P.S that Cobra sounds like it has a supercharger on it also.

jonszr1
08-28-2009, 09:50 PM
rick , it was a close race he ran 12.63 and mine was 12.31 his mph 114.15 and mine was116.08. the da that night was 2980. also they didnt do any track prep . i left that time at idle and my 60 ft was ugly 2.292. met him in line after the race .he was a real nice 25yr old kid . said it blew him away he thought for sure he was going to pull me. showed him the motor .his eyes got real big . he had no idea that there was a dual overhead cam small blk in a vet . thanx for doing the link thing . everytime i try it i mess it up . it sure was fun running 2 cars that night

todesengel
12-25-2010, 12:49 PM
You ran into a rare, almost stock one. mine is a little wild, over 700 hp to the wheels, convertible, and looks almost stock, on the outside lol.

Too many people with the stock ones think they own the streets. Nice run.

Kevin
12-25-2010, 02:07 PM
I've driven your white Z and it is one fast MoFo but that cobra was right on your tail. You got off the line before he did otherwise you would have been neck and neck. I've driven a Cobra and that little 281ci is peppy. There's a new familly that just moved in across the street from me and the husband has a brand new Saleen mustang. Last I remembered they had the same motor as the cobra but they have a trick suspension package. Also last I remember they were about $47,000 brand new.
P.S that Cobra sounds like it has a supercharger on it also.
the 03/04 cobra's came with blowers stock

sammy
12-31-2010, 01:15 AM
You ran into a rare, almost stock one. mine is a little wild, over 700 hp to the wheels, convertible, and looks almost stock, on the outside lol.

Too many people with the stock ones think they own the streets. Nice run.that one had a pully change and a gear change . plus my car is now running 11.90 @118+mph . with the additon of the new nitto nto5r drag radials ,moving the mat air sensor to outside the engine compartment . and some rear suspension mods so the car 60ft in the high 1.7s to low1.8s depending on track prep

sammy
12-31-2010, 01:24 AM
the guy and his buddy have become very good buddies and as a former ford lover who still owns a 650hp jon bennit 408 68 coupe just my self love the 03-4 cobra mustangs . i would rather have one of them than the new shelbys . they sure cook for such a small motor .plus the build quality on them (motor) was excellent . still blows my mind the power that can be made with these motors .

todesengel
12-31-2010, 01:24 AM
that one had a pully change and a gear change . plus my car is now running 11.90 @118+mph . with the additon of the new nitto nto5r drag radials ,moving the mat air sensor to outside the engine compartment . and some rear suspension mods so the car 60ft in the high 1.7s to low1.8s depending on track prep

with a decent driver, reprogrammed, pulley and exhaust 03 cobras run 11.8.

todesengel
12-31-2010, 01:26 AM
the guy and his buddy have become very good buddies and as a former ford lover who still owns a 650hp jon bennit 408 68 coupe just my self love the 03-4 cobra mustangs . i would rather have one of them than the new shelbys . they sure cook for such a small motor .plus the build quality on them (motor) was excellent . still blows my mind the power that can be made with these motors .

anything with a power adder is easy to modify, if halfway decent engineering was put into it.

I modified a eaton m90 and put it on my 4.2l fsi audi v8 in the rs4. Instead of a turbo setup I should modify a big ole whipple and slap it on the lt5 lol

sammy
12-31-2010, 11:14 PM
now that would be fun

cuisinartvette
05-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Nice run
Found an old disk the other day of running one (claimed it was a cobra 12.40s) at Famoso yrs ago , it wasnt even a race, kid with a big mouth and a loud exhuast. If I can cross enough off the to do list Ill put it up one day
Went to tell the guy nice run afterwards guy walked the other way lol.

5ABI VT
07-12-2016, 08:24 PM
Good friend of mine has a mild bolt on 03 vert.. short clip of us having a little fun.. I always pull on him top end ;) I was actually in 2nd gear after the turn we just made I had my window down to talk to him and he hammered it (wish I was in first!)

He runs around 12.0@119

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2B-aNeyXf8