PDA

View Full Version : The Gift Has Arrived!!

LeoLily
09-30-2005, 11:29 AM
I already posted this on the thread but...

The Gift Has Arrived!! :cheers:

Jeff flew out to MO last Friday and drove the ZR1 home Saturday. It ran like a charm and gave him no problems. Unfortunately, the gas gauge is inaccurate and the radio doesn't work - 'course who needs a radio when you can listen to the purr of the engine instead???

We got the insurance, emissions, and plates yesterday and "took it for a spin." I was really well behaved and kept it under 70 in the city. *heh heh* What an awesome car to drive!!!

We applied for the license plate "WASDADS" but it has been taken. *sigh* We are noW considering "MONYPIT", "CANTA4D", "MISTAKE" - just kidding!! We are actually thinking about "THX DAD", "MUTTLYS" (Jeff's nickname) or "FUN2DRV." I'll update when we decide on something.

Lily (and Jeff)
Boulder, CO
'90 ZR1 turquoise/black #2468

Z Factor
09-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on finally getting it resolved. I know it has taken some time, but you can now have plenty of fun with it.

It does not surprise me that your custom plate name was taken. I took a list of 6 names with me to the DMV, and every one had already been taken.

Have fun and keep in touch on the forum.

:cheers:

tomtom72
10-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Happy endings are great! I'm glad yours was!
Enjoy!
:thumbsup:
Tom

sledutah
10-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Congratulations, still looking for mine :-D:-D

Where are the pictures :icon_scra:icon_scra

LeoLily
10-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Pictures are forthcoming - first we have to make it "clean and pretty!" The poor thing has been sitting, unused and unloved, for three years in a garage that is the equivalent of a barn, complete with mice sharing the cockpit of our car (we just discovered this). :redface: *yuck* It's really a beaut, though and should "clean up nicely" *heh heh*

For our next trick we need to come up with a really great license plate! :dancing

Jim Jones
10-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Congrats on the Z!! Good luck coming up with a plate. I made mine simple. :mrgreen: