PDA

View Full Version : black belt + light beige leather seats =

Geof180
07-29-2009, 05:25 PM
marks on the seat. dammit!:mad:

while washing the Z after driving down to Bowling Green, I noticed several marks in the driver's seat - cause by the black leather belt I was wearing on Saturday...

any ideas on how I might get these out?

I have already tried Adam's leather and interior cleaner and Meguiar's leather cleaner...

nothing has touched the marks so far... I guess this is what I get for actually driving my car?? :o

ZZZZZR1
08-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Geof,

Congrats on a great car and incredible value.

Believe it or not, try hair spray on your leather. A friend just told me about it and then SHOWED me. I was amazed.

:thumbsup:

David

Dylan@Adams
08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm really shocked that our Leather & Interior cleaner didn't take it off... these seats were in a 35th anniversary camaro owned by a friend of mine who is a mechanic and it took nothing more than a spray and wipe down to completely clean the seat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/Dylanvonkleist/DETAILING/camaro%20SS/DSC_5094.jpg

You might try a highly dilluted mixture of IP alcohol and water, use carefully. That may be what works in the hairspray as I'm sure alcohol is used as a drying agent.

Geof180
08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
:icon_scra

thanks for the suggestions... no sir, not even Adam's leather cleaner could remove the marks.. and neither could the hairspary...:frown:

it has been pouring down rain here in dayton today - lemme wait until tomorrow to get the car out to get a picture or two of the marks...

todesengel
04-15-2010, 11:23 PM
This is going to sound bad, but 5% hcl and 95% distilled 02 will pull those marks right out. Make sure you try it in an inconspicuous place first as I am not sure about the quality of the dye on these seats. Make sure you nuetralize, and condition as soon as possible after the cleaning.