PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Socal?

Pqtaces
07-08-2009, 01:23 AM
It seems that the active members here are dominated by east coast and midwest guys. I do see a few from Az and Wa , but is there anyone from Socal (mainly the greater L.A. area)?

And are there any regular local events here? I'd love to meet some other Z owners.

GOLDCYLON
07-08-2009, 03:13 PM
We have a "small" group in AZ, There are a few folks all over CA but not a lot in the SOCAL area

JAX S50
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Out here in east riverside county with over 100 temps working on the Z, ah good times:dancing

93RubyZ
09-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Used to be in So. Cal, but now in AZ.

ZRXMAX
09-29-2009, 04:35 AM
Out here in east riverside county with over 100 temps working on the Z, ah good times:dancing

I am in the neighborhood... Just did an oil change, rear fluid change, and a wash and wax a few days ago... its how I try to keep the weight off! :-D

I am close to Temecula in the Menifee / Sun City area. I also have another ZR-1 brother out this way in Temecula.

Ccmano
10-03-2009, 09:22 AM
I was just told by my company that I will be retiring on Oct 16th after 28 years with Mercedes-Benz. :dancing Not my choice, but not a bad deal either since I'm only 55 and can continue to work and get my full retirement.

So... that means were moving back to SoCal :hello: probably in the next month or so. Let's see if we can't establish the West Coast "FBI" How about "Fast Boyz International"

We're moving either to Orange Co or the Temecula area depending on the jobs situation. I'm looking forward to meeting all the SoCal guys and getting at least a small group going.

FWIW I'm looking for a Management Consulting or Automotive General Management job. You never know who reads these things.
H
:cheers:

RRGarcia
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
1990 ZR1, reside in Covina.

SillyB
11-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm right up the hill from you, I live in La Crescenta. Unfortunately I haven't been out for cruise nights much lately, so I'm not up on things. I don't know of any other Z owners in the area. A friend of mine in Pasadena had a 1990 almost identical to mine, but he sold it a while back. I occasionally hit the early morning rodders over at the movie theater in Montrose on saturdays or the friday night out at Bob's Bigboy in Burbank. Right now I'm out of commission trying to get passed the smog nazis. Hopefully I'll get it taken care of soon and maybe we can meet up at one of the spots I mentioned. Either that, or maybe we'll meet up on the 2 fwy and have a little fun!;)

RHanselman
11-23-2009, 01:53 AM
I'm usually in Las Vegas but I'm away for a few years in the UAE. I was putting on several events per year in Las Vegas to include a mile shootout on Nellis AFB. They've not done it since I've been gone...

I'll be back in town for a few weeks starting Thanksgiving day so if there's something going on I would love to attend. My Z however is in San Antonio getting new electronics and a tune. The twin turbo system with the low compression LT5 is just too much for the old computer...

Cheers,
Ron Hanselman

gbrtng
11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Are you coming to NB to visit the TT LT5 ?

RedRiderZR1
12-27-2009, 04:33 AM
I am in North Orange County. Go on quite a few meets with my 99 C5. Always wanted to get a gathering together with the ZR-1s. Would be cool to put something together. :)

ZRXMAX
12-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Perhaps we could all meet at one of the "Coffee and Cars" get togethers in Irvine.

http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/