PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Autocross

MIZR1
09-23-2005, 12:05 PM
I just wanted to take the time to notify my fellow ZR-1 Net Registry members that we were proudly and successfully represented at the autocross event held during the Corvettes at Carlisle show. Yours truly entered the event and won my class. I was able to set the 4th fastest time, and would have been the third fastest except for the fact that in my second run I caught up to the car in front of me and as a result my time was not recorded (it was by far my fastest run, as the car started to run awfully hot by the 3rd run). I was even able to beat Lance Miller’s Calloway Corvette, driven by an engineer from Callaway, on two of the runs. This car, which you may have seen being tested on the dyno during the weekend (477 RWHP, 565 at the crank), ultimately set the Fast Time of the Day.

I should note the ZR-1 had a distinct advantage over the C5 ZO6s in attendance due to the stock gearing and 7,000 RPM. I was able to do the entire course in first gear without hitting the rev limiter. The C5s were hitting the limiter in 3 places, or being forced to shift. All in all, it was a fun and rewarding event. I think its great that a stock 14 year old car can still hold its own with the new upstarts.

Glenn Haake
ZR-1 Net Registry NYS Director