PDA

View Full Version : WTB ZR-1 Transmission

hihok9
09-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Looking for new transmission in New England area. Was told they might be avail in $1000 range. If so let me know, will drive this area to beat shipping.
Thanks, Hiho

hihok9
09-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. Got one new right here in MA.

Z Factor
09-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. Got one new right here in MA.

Well you found one in less than 24 hours, so thar is pretty good.

:cheers:

yellowz
09-20-2005, 03:52 PM
hey jeffvett why not from clay chevrolet

yellowz
09-21-2005, 08:19 AM
hey jeff
guess what i work at clay and im in charge of the trans the ones i have are for people with deposits i do have some left but if i dont no who you are im not selling them

peter:censored:

Nick
09-21-2005, 11:40 AM
if i dont no who you are im not selling them

What does that mean? :icon_scra

Jeffvette
09-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Peter, I had a SPAC priority number and after it was agreed that you would sell it, you yanked the order away from me. Not exactly very cool in my book. You were still going to make your 1095 on the tranny, why not sell it to the dealer I had order it?

yellowz
09-21-2005, 02:34 PM
hey jeff
there was a lot of confusion when your dealre had placed the order i have deposits on 5 of these and i was on vaca at the time.My shipper receiver guy wasnt aware of this and when he was informed he cancelled the order.and besides im not selling them at that price $1200.00 is the price if you want one i may have one left to sell you but it wont go through a dealer,it will ship to you plus freight

yellowz
09-21-2005, 02:37 PM
hey nick meaning
these are not going to be available and the ones i had or have i gave my freinds priority thats why there was a quanity of ten available here.i have deposits on 6 one is mine and i may have 1 left .thats y iam not just selling them to anyone especially dealers .hope this clarifys the situation for you .

:happy1:

Jeffvette
09-21-2005, 04:05 PM
hey jeff
there was a lot of confusion when your dealre had placed the order i have deposits on 5 of these and i was on vaca at the time.My shipper receiver guy wasnt aware of this and when he was informed he cancelled the order.and besides im not selling them at that price $1200.00 is the price if you want one i may have one left to sell you but it wont go through a dealer,it will ship to you plus freight

When I initially checked about three weeks ago, you had 10 in inventory. Now if you have sold a good majority of these, why does it still state there are 8 left in your inventory.

Currently after trying to deal with your dealership, I would not recomend anybody go there based on this crap.

phrogs
09-21-2005, 04:20 PM
yeah I love the friends first...

deposits? you have a buyer right here and your blowing him off? what a jackass I think you would have been better off not saying anything on the forum since you screwed one of our own
maybe that dealer was trying to get one of your tranys for a customer that needed it to get his ZR1 on the road and your keeping them all on hold for friends thats just shady business practices[-X

Nick
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
hope this clarifys the situation for you .

:happy1:

It sure does! :mad:

So it sounds like you have 10 left, 6 with deposits, and one for you. What about the other three? If they dont' have deposits on them, how can you hold them for your "friends?"

Are you the owner of the dealership?

Jeffvette
09-22-2005, 07:44 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/toetap05.gif

cuisinartvette
09-23-2005, 09:14 AM
That's BS. Jeff's greenbacks should be just as good as anyone else's. Makes me wonder if someone spoke to soon as to what price these could be had for and when called on it realized the bossman said no? Not the way to run a business (or hold onto a job, either IMO). Take care of the man and get him his tranny.

zr1mom
09-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Let me say something here before it goes any further. Yellowz (pete) is a personal friend of mine. He is the most open and honest person you will find. He would take the shirt off his back for you. He has supported me, the ZR-1 Net and the ZR-1 Net Registry 110%. If he says he has x number of transmissions left then that is what he has left.

I've seen him help members out time after time in many cases giving them the parts away for free at places like Carlisle. He has fix ZR-1 owners cars for free and at the last Carlisle towed a ZR-1 back home for an owner who broke a shock mount. He is the first one to buy a round of drinks for everyone and all this from a guy who barely makes a living. No he doesn't own Clay as though I'm sure he wish he did.

I would do anything for this guy, all he needs to do is ask. He has done me more favors then I can remember. To have Pete as a friend would be an honor. So please stop bashing him.

Thank you.

Nick
09-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Let me say something here before it goes any further. Yellowz (pete) is a personal friend of mine. He is the most open and honest person you will find. He would take the shirt off his back for you. He has supported me, the ZR-1 Net and the ZR-1 Net Registry 110%. If he says he has x number of transmissions left then that is what he has left.

I've seen him help members out time after time in many cases giving them the parts away for free at places like Carlisle. He has fix ZR-1 owners cars for free and at the last Carlisle towed a ZR-1 back home for an owner who broke a shock mount. He is the first one to buy a round of drinks for everyone and all this from a guy who barely makes a living. No he doesn't own Clay as though I'm sure he wish he did.

I would do anything for this guy, all he needs to do is ask. He has done me more favors then I can remember. To have Pete as a friend would be an honor. So please stop bashing him.

Thank you.

Mom, I'm glad Pete is such a stand-up guy. I was not bashing him. The fact remains, though, that Jeff has stepped up with his money for a transmission, by Pete's admission he has 3 left (i.e., no deposit on them), and he won't sell one to Jeff. What am I missing?:confused:

zr1mom
09-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't speak as to how many Pete has left however in an earlier email Pete did say "$1200.00 is the price if you want one i may have one left to sell you but it wont go through a dealer,it will ship to you plus freight".

So it sounds like Pete does have one to sell? But again I can't speak for him.

Jeffvette
09-26-2005, 05:06 PM

Thank you.

Mom, I'm glad you and Pete have such a tight relationship. I wanted to post my experience in trying to work with him. Just to give you the highlights.

I placed a order from GM to get the transmission from my local dealership before the freeze on the last 58 gear boxes. I had a order number, also had confirmation the order had been processed and on it's way being shipped.

Trans never arrived. Local delaer did a locate. Supperior (1 in stock)showed up, as did Clay (10 in stock). Aquired a SPAC number from GM to have the transmission basically overnighted to me from Clay. Dealership receives an additional 100.00 for selling through the SPAC system. Salesman at Clay agreed to sell the trans and give it up.

A week goes by. No phone call or anything from Peter or anybody at Clay.

My guy has to do all the leg work, and Peter basically told him to shove it.

Come here and Peter says he only sells to friends. :censored:

I will flat out not do any business with him period, or recomend that anybody buy from him at all. I needed this transmission and he welches on the deal.