PDA

View Full Version : Bose LCD Display and Back light Won't Go Out

Jagdpanzer
05-31-2009, 10:00 PM
After parking the Z in the garage today I noticed the Bose radio display LCD and orange back light are now staying on after switching off and pulling the ignition key. With the key out I tried turning all of the radio, CD, and tape player functions on and off and in some cases the display went out but came on again in a few seconds and remained on.
Is this normal or is something on the fritz here? I don't recall ever seeing this display remain on before after pulling the ignition key and I'm worried about draining the battery amoung other things.

GOLDCYLON
06-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Does it go out after the drivers door is opened after pulling the key? There should be a 15-20 minute delay before it powers down if you dont open the door which was an option MY91 and up I beleive.

Jagdpanzer
06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
After pulling the key and closing the door the interior lights go out after about 15 second but the Bose display showing the time and orange back light remain on. I just went out to the garage peaked through the window and the damn thing is still on after being parked over night. Opening and closing the door does not appear to effect it

GOLDCYLON
06-01-2009, 02:54 PM
After pulling the key and closing the door the interior lights go out after about 15 second but the Bose display showing the time and orange back light remain on. I just went out to the garage peaked through the window and the damn thing is still on after being parked over night. Opening and closing the door does not appear to effect it

Hmm yep thats not right what is susposed to happen is the radio shuts off immediatly when the door opens. Get the FSM out but one of two things are happening the Door contact is bad or the delay timer is fried. My money is on the delay timer as the interior lights are going out when the door is closed. The weird thing is the delay timer also has a function for the interior lights. You are going to have to go through all the trouble shooting steps in the FSM at this point. Do you have one?

Jagdpanzer
06-01-2009, 03:17 PM
In the meatime I've gone through the 94 FSM section 8A and it looks like the CCM controls this curcuit.

GOLDCYLON
06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
In the meatime I've gone through the 94 FSM section 8A and it looks like the CCM controls this curcuit.

Try this. Unhook the battery. Wait 30 seconds and put it back on. I just remembered I had an issue with my light delay timer that was resolved once by unhooking the battery. Will have to reset the clock and presets but I think it will resolve the problem. I totally buy into the CCM being the culprit.

Jagdpanzer
06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Mistery solved!
During the recent BG trip one of the containers in my Adams bag sprang a leak and a small amount dripped down on one of the radio module plug connectors located in the jack storage compartment. The Adams stuff provided just enough of a ground signal to keep the LCD display and back light on. Cleaned the plug up and now the display goes out as soon as the driver's door is opened like it is supposed to do.

GOLDCYLON
06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Well thats not in the FSM :sign10: