PDA

View Full Version : Pictures from the 2009 Bowling Green Gathering

QB93Z
05-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I just got back from the ZR-1 Gathering in Bowling Green. We had a great time. From our area (MD, NoVA) there were 8 ZR-1's and 11 people.

In order to easily share the pictures many people took, I have created a PhotoBucket account that we all can use.

The link is: http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/MD-NoVA-ZR-1/

You can see the images without a log in.

If you have some photos to upload just log in.

LogIn to our account using:
UserName: MD-NoVA-ZR-1
Password: corvette (note all lower case)

1. Near the center of the screen is a blue button that says "Choose Files"

2. In the Select Files dialog box that opens, navigate to the directory on your computer that has your pictures. This can be a camera card, or a USB drive, or the camera itself if it is plugged in, or the windows directory where the pictures are saved. Use the Control Key and click on as many images as you want, then click on "OPEN"

3. PhotoBucket will automatically upload your pictures for you. You can do other things while the upload is in progress.

4. After upload, you can enter Titles and Comments for each picture if you want.

Let me know if you have any problems or are unsure about this. I have been using PhotoBucket for a while and I think it is safe and relaible.

Here is part of our group in front of the National Corvette Museum. Unfortunately some folks were busy elsewhere. Behind us, we have all our ZR-1's lined up

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/MD-NoVA-ZR-1/DSC02068.jpg

Jim

Scrrem
05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Jim,
Great photos...looks like fun was had by all. I'll have to put this on my calendar next year.
Rich

ZRGator
05-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Hey Jim,

I posted a few more pics at the photo bucket site. What a great time and I even discovered a brother is in the group!

We've just about recovered from the run home..:razz:...but I still don't trust my window;).

See you soon.

ZR1Vette
05-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Love the pics guys :cheers: Proud to see the ZR-1 flying high! Looks like there were some bad azz GNs there...

FU
05-19-2009, 10:00 AM
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/MD-NoVA-ZR-1/DSC02042.jpg

The guy in the grandstand to the left is covering up........Whitey must have thrown a piece of the rear u-joint at him and got in his eyes :redface::redface:

Thanks for the pic's Jim :thumbsup:

QB93Z
05-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I think it's OK. When they heard you were coming to BB again, they installed a shrapnel-proof fence for the spectators.

Jim

QB93Z
05-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey Jim,

I posted a few more pics at the photo bucket site. What a great time and I even discovered a brother is in the group!

We've just about recovered from the run home..:razz:...but I still don't trust my window;).

See you soon.

Thanks for joining us and thanks for the pictures. There is nothing better than a pic of a bunch of ZR-1's cruising down the highway. That part of I-79 in West Virginia was awesome.

Ron might have a window motor he will sell you cheap. ;)

Jim

QB93Z
05-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Love the pics guys :cheers: Proud to see the ZR-1 flying high! Looks like there were some bad azz GNs there...

Michael, We had a great time. I am sorry that you couldn't join us. I know that you were there in spirit. Put it on your calendar for next year.

We drove through Cumberland Gap on the way back. It is beautiful. Lets set a date for our group trip up there.

QB93Z
05-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey Gator,

You have a great camera. In the pictures you took of us side-by-side, your camera captures the wheels as if they are stopped. We were doing about 85 mph when you did that flyby! I didn't realize that digital cameras had that fast a shutter speed.

Nice work to Terri, you have a great copilot.

For anyone interested, check it out at:

http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt205/MD-NoVA-ZR-1/?action=view&current=Jimontheroad.jpg

Jim

HIZNHRZ
05-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Great pictures!

RICKYRJ1
05-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Had a great time. Proud to be a member of the MD-NoVa group eventhough I'm from JERSEY! Great bunch of guys. Thanks to All :thumbsup:

ZR-1nce removed
05-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Had a great time. Proud to be a member of the MD-NoVa group eventhough I'm from JERSEY! Great bunch of guys. Thanks to All :thumbsup:

I'm from PA and also proud to be associated with such a classy group of ZR-1 owners. We had a great time in BG, the ride home was GREAT! I really needed this trip and thanks to Dave for talking me into going!!!! I'm looking forward to the next group event. Thanks to all my ZR-1 family for their wonderful support.

Darrin

QB93Z
05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Here is another picture that Glenn took when we stopped at the TeePee Motel (a world famous landmark north of BG) on the trip home.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp152/QB93Z/2009%20May%20ZR-1%20Gathering%20BG/IMG_3333.jpg

Ricky, sorry that you weren't with us on the ride home, but I know that the mods to your car will be worth the wait.

Darrin, a pleasure as always.

I may need to rethink what I have been calling our ZR-1 group. Pennsylvania and New Jersey are strongly represented as is New York.

Jim