PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Targa Top Repair

ScottZ95ZR1
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I recently received the top pictured below. As you can see, the two black molding pieces on the drivers side of the frame are missing.
I don't know what the correct name for these pieces are and have had no luck locating them on MidAmerica or Ecklers websites.

I'd certainly appreciate any help in finding a source to obtain these critters -- whatever they're called. :cheers:

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/scottcollier/BronzeTargaTopFull1.jpg

HIZNHRZ
05-07-2009, 05:42 AM
I don't know what they are called either but I have a set I bought at Carlisle years ago. I never did use them. They did not come with the replacement adhesive strip needed to hold them in place.

Scrrem
05-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I recently received the top pictured below. As you can see, the two black molding pieces on the drivers side of the frame are missing.
I don't know what the correct name for these pieces are and have had no luck locating them on MidAmerica or Ecklers websites.

I'd certainly appreciate any help in finding a source to obtain these critters -- whatever they're called. :cheers:

Me too. Got one missing on my painted top, two missing on my clear top.
Rich

ScottZ95ZR1
05-07-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't know what they are called either but I have a set I bought at Carlisle years ago. I never did use them. They did not come with the replacement adhesive strip needed to hold them in place.

If you would part with them please let me know what you'd like for them, Scott. Thanks.

PhillipsLT5
05-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Might be called, head bumper
It protects your head
Try used vet parts such as Contempory Corvette
OK here goes
There is a guy John in Phx AZ
602-275-3531
He rebuilds these tops for The BIG catalog companys
He might sell you what you need
He really only sells these tops to the catalog companys, not retail

ScottZ95ZR1
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Phil - I'll give him a try. I appreciate your help.