PDA

View Full Version : Restoration Buzz Words

Scrrem
04-24-2009, 09:16 AM
I just got done with all the DVR'd Barrett Jackson episodes from Palm Springs. The one term that seems to be the big buzz word in the collector car market right now is "Frame Off Restoration". With those words attached, you can plan on some big $$$$. I wonder what the term for the C4 will be in 10 or 20 years since there is no real way to do a "Frame Off Restoration" on one of the cars.
Rich

Aurora40
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I assume the term for high-dollar C4's twenty years from now will still be "stored in a climate-controlled bubble since new, never enjoyed once".

QB93Z
04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Good question. I like Bob's answer, but unfortunately there seem to be a lot of the "stored in a bubble" cars so they might not draw the big bucks.

Since the only option on the ZR-1 package was the second top, I guess the buzz words will be "Two top car".;)

Jim

Kevin
04-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Since the only option on the ZR-1 package was the second top, I guess the buzz words will be "Two top car".;)

Jim

this isn't true for all zr-1s. I once had an ncrs guy tell he wanted to buy a "stripper zr-1" aka one with no options....I just :icon_scra

Aurora40
04-24-2009, 01:36 PM
this isn't true for all zr-1s. I once had an ncrs guy tell he wanted to buy a "stripper zr-1" aka one with no options....I just :icon_scra
That would be quite cool I think. I assume he meant no C4 options, not just no ZR-1 options. A ZR-1 that weighed as much as a base coupe, perhaps with the Z51 suspension? That would be pretty cool in my opinion.

I think I'd prefer to own and drive a well equipped one, but the idea of a stripper Z is neat. Sort of a more feasible snake skinner.

Kevin
04-24-2009, 02:10 PM
That would be quite cool I think. I assume he meant no C4 options, not just no ZR-1 options. A ZR-1 that weighed as much as a base coupe, perhaps with the Z51 suspension? That would be pretty cool in my opinion.

I think I'd prefer to own and drive a well equipped one, but the idea of a stripper Z is neat. Sort of a more feasible snake skinner.

no he was looking at my car and said "i'd like to find a stripper one of these". the snake skinner with two seats would be great

FU
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Someone just got back from BJ auction (cough). He said most of the car's were selling for the price of a good paint job !