PDA

View Full Version : $900.00 Burp

91Mike
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi Guys,
Went to start my 91 yesterday and let off the key too soon and it burped (backfired). Just like mentioned in the troubleshooting section under "backfires" it blew off the ERG and some vac lines. I pulled the intake off 2 years ago to replace the starter and I had no intention on repeating that project (also no time-work) I took my Z to the top Chevy dealer here in Louisville, KY who proudly stated the had a factory trained ZR-1 tech (I think his name is Earl or Jim-Bob) and just like the Alan Jackson song HE SAID HE COULD BRING HER IN FOR $800 TO $900 DOLLARS OR SO. Well there goes the Jeal Headers for a while. So, let the engine fire before you let off the key.
Mike
Member#35

Z Factor
08-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi Guys,
Went to start my 91 yesterday and let off the key too soon and it burped (backfired). Just like mentioned in the troubleshooting section under "backfires" it blew off the ERG and some vac lines.

HE SAID HE COULD BRING HER IN FOR $800 TO $900 DOLLARS OR SO.

Hello Mike, and welcome to the forum. :handshak:

I think that sounds pretty high just to do the labor involved even at dealer rates. If I were you, I'd call around to get a few verbal estimates. You might try B&A Vette in Ky at (606)-887-2662.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

:cheers:

Jeffvette
08-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Mike, that price is outrageous. Especially since a plenum can be removed and installed in about 30 minutes (depending on the fix)

You need to post your location and somebody near by might be able to help you keep some of your money for mods.

91Mike
08-25-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks Guys, The price also included new vac lines and gaskets (solid gold no-doubt and had to be shipped from Lansing MI) I live the the Louisville, KY area.
Mike

ShawnZR-1
08-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks Guys, The price also included new vac lines and gaskets (solid gold no-doubt and had to be shipped from Lansing MI) I live the the Louisville, KY area.
Mike
That's completely absurd! $900 to R&R the plenum and vacuum lines is robery! I'm damn tempted to drive up there, tell the dealer to go perform a very difficult sexual act upon himself and do the job for you!

Hell, with the drive, and a full tear down and replacement, I could be back home before dinner!