PDA

View Full Version : What Is A 61 Error Code??

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:58 PM
I am getting a 61 error code on my 91 ZR1. Does anyone have any advice on this and what to look for as a fix....Thank You All...!!

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Joseph

Ratz:Code 61 is a secondary port throttle valve solenoid sysyem. Also chech the inline fuse and more importantly what is going on with your vacum pump is it runing constantly with the ignition "ON" and engine "OFF" or if it does not operate at all this problem must be correct first and then run some test to determine the cause with "Scan" tool and TECH 1 to activate the secondary port throttle solenoid and check the voltage.

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Joseph...Thank You for your earlier response...a few months back I posted the following message that describes my cars bizzare behavior...I can only assume the following is the cause of the code 61 error....I would greatly appreciate yours..or anyones opinion...Thank You Everyone..!!!!My 91 ZR1 has always been a great cold starter. On a cold start the cars runs flawlessly no problems. But it would seem that everytime I start it after the engine has warmed up it struggles. On a hot start normally after about 30 seconds to 1 minute of running time..it sputters and has a tremendous lose of power, sometime resulting in a stall. It would appear that it may be cycling though "something" because if given some throttle it will struggle through the cycle..then all is well and she purrs like a kitten. Any help would be greatly appreciated..!! Thank You

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Joseph

Ratz:Let us know how the car run after you fixe that code 61 .Joseh

RiceEatingZR1
02-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Joseph

Ratz:Code 61 is a secondary port throttle valve solenoid sysyem. Also chech the inline fuse and more importantly what is going on with your vacum pump is it runing constantly with the ignition "ON" and engine "OFF" or if it does not operate at all this problem must be correct first and then run some test to determine the cause with "Scan" tool and TECH 1 to activate the secondary port throttle solenoid and check the voltage.

I am having the Same problem Where is the inline Fuse located? I just want to check it but I don't hear the Pump kick on when I turn the key on . it is getting power I hooked a Christmas Light to the socket and it lite up but Blew the light out. not sure if it is suppose to have that much power going through it but it happened..