PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my new radio installed.

White Bullet
02-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Well, my factory radio bit the dust and I could not see spending any money on it after seeing the cool double din units installed. So I did the same and installed a JVC KWAVX810. As you can see it is a touch screen model with all of the bells and whistles. Sat radio, SD card reader, HD radio, changer controls, USB port, DVD player, plays mp3, WAV, ACC, etc. No navigation system as I did not want it as this car will not see any distance that would make any sense for it and the wife has a portable GPS system for her ride. Anyway the installation went well as I used the Metra kit and installed an adapter to continue to use the Bose speakers. I am happy with the sound as it is. What really is great is I now can recieve FM radio. The Delco system would not pull in anything. Now I have to continue to work on my music server system so that I can feed the new player :pray.

GOLDCYLON
02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
What no voice command and no Nav or bluetooth? What a down grade :razz:

Looks good. :cool:

White Bullet
02-24-2009, 06:44 PM
What no voice command and no Nav or bluetooth? What a down grade :razz:

Looks good. :cool:

Bluetooth? Yes. Nav and voice command provided by the wife.:mrgreen:

Jeffvette
02-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Nav and voice command provided the the wife.:mrgreen:

Come with mute?

Looks good :thumbsup:

flyin ryan
02-25-2009, 01:13 AM
I'm not really one for swaping out the factory system, however inadequate it may be, but i'm with Jeff, your's looks very good. nice job =D>, well done. can't bash it when it looks that good.

GOLDCYLON
02-25-2009, 07:51 AM
I hear you Ryan but when you have a high mileage non NCRS ride its hard not to upgrade the car. From my view its pretty cheap fun and you have a car on par with the newer models out there. Id hate to do this to a NCRS Garage queen. I am very happy with my unit as well, the ZR-1 is a fun car. Clean installs like this always look good.

flyin ryan
02-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Clean installs like this always look good.Yup, i'm with ya. clean is always clean, no matter what.

Nick
02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Looks great! :thumbsup:

White Bullet
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Come with mute?

Looks good :thumbsup:

Yep, she has a mute button but for some reason it just does not work:icon_scra.

And thanks to all for your comments. :cheers:

I have the original bezel and radio so transforming it back is not a problem but the radio will need work and so will the CDM. The cost of repairing the two (I believe the cassette player needs a new head) plus pulling the CDM just did not make much sense to me. I was able to remove the connectors and antenna lead without removing the CDM, this made the installation easy. The difficult part was modifying the reproduction bezel.