PDA

View Full Version : BG Thread

FU
02-11-2009, 08:25 AM
OK .. Who is going to BG and what day are you leaving ?

IF there is drag racing , that is the day I will be there. This could be Wednesday.

Jeffvette
02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
OK .. Who is going to BG and what day are you leaving ?

IF there is drag racing , that is the day I will be there. This could be Wednesday.

I'll be there Wed morning.

Didn't realize this was the NE section.

FU
02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll be there Wed morning.

Didn't realize this was the NE section.

Your more than welcome here any time Jeff ! See ya there Wednesday morning :wave:

FU
02-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Confirmed that Wednesday is the day at Beech Bend. Looks like I'll be on the road very early Tuesday.

tomtom72
02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
:hello: Okay I have my room booked for Wed check-in. Sooooo I will be leaving I don't know when. BG is 9hrs from MYC/ Metro area, right?

Tuesday early in the AM, as in fight with the commuters? Or Tues in the wee dark hours when all the stealth vettes fly low, as in after midnite????

I doubt that I could keep up Frank, maybe I need a head start...:redface:

Anyway, I'm south bound & down for my first gathering....I'm so up for this:mrgreen:

:happy1:

FU
02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
We should talk about the ride Tom. From LI the trip is 19+ hrs towing (900+ miles) , and as little 14 hrs not towing. I have to get past the City also. Once past there it's a breeze.Also no towing anymore. Route 78 in NJ to 81 at Harrisburg to routes 70-68-79 is the way to go. That way is a little hilly but quickest by far.
Don't worry about keeping up part of the fun also means taking time and resting. Jail sucks....never been there and don't plan on doing that.

Jeffvette
02-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Jail sucks....never been there and don't plan on doing that.

I thought she dropped the charges?

tomtom72
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Hey Frank, yea and southern jails suck even more than northern jails.

Jez, I don't know where I got 9 hrs from!?! :redface:....maybe at an average of 120...I just did a map quest and it's just like you say it is! Jez, 9 hrs....I want some of whatever it was that I was smoking!

Funny thing, I was there in 05 with my Z. That was my first road trip with her and map quest had me going thru PA, into Ohio, and then thru WVA to KY(oops that don't look right).......now when i did the map quest it is totally different. I wonder if I asked for the "senic route" back then? :icon_scra

It was a fun trip any way, specially in the mountains at night coming back with that new M3 I meet up with.

Yea for sure we have to get together and do some planning. I could drive out to LI & meet you somewhere....any excuse to drive my Z. I used to go to Captree on sundays & hang out, but the locals must have complained to the Law and well ya know what rolls down hill...police started to become a tad bit overbearing out there.
:cheers:
Tom

FU
02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I thought she dropped the charges?

Naa , I got her gagged in my closet :occasion1

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Captree is only a few miles from here. When the weather breaks the action there will pick up. Also when the beaches open all go to the old Oak Beach. The police can get rough with all the racing going on etc. I haven't been there on Sundays to hang with the crowd in a long time , but just got back from there walking the beach.
We have to meet up Tom. I'll pm you .

tomtom72
02-13-2009, 06:52 AM
:o Ahhhh, I think I know some of the people that thought Ocean Pkwy was a test track.....:o I always thought the boom was gonna drop, eventually.

It's sad because the cruise in @ Captree was the best car show you could ever see & for free!!! That and saturdays at the Dairy @ Danbury were fun places to hang out & talk car!

PM received & sent!:thumbsup:

jrd1990zr1
02-15-2009, 07:27 PM
"From LI the trip is 19+ hrs towing (900+ miles) , and as little 14 hrs not towing. I have to get past the City also. Once past there it's a breeze.Also no towing anymore. Route 78 in NJ to 81 at Harrisburg to routes 70-68-79 is the way to go. That way is a little hilly but quickest by far."

Guys, do you drive it straight out, or stop 1/2 way? I was thinking of going but it takes me about 4 or 5 hours to Harrisburg, PA.

Thanks, John :cheers:

ZZZZZR1
02-15-2009, 10:19 PM
"From LI the trip is 19+ hrs towing (900+ miles) , and as little 14 hrs not towing. I have to get past the City also. Once past there it's a breeze.Also no towing anymore. Route 78 in NJ to 81 at Harrisburg to routes 70-68-79 is the way to go. That way is a little hilly but quickest by far."

Guys, do you drive it straight out, or stop 1/2 way? I was thinking of going but it takes me about 4 or 5 hours to Harrisburg, PA.

Thanks, John :cheers:

If you plan on stoping by Harrisburg and drive on Wednesday.... You can meet up with us in the "MD/VA/PA/NJ/DE" crew.

We have 15+++++ coming and registered @ BG. Probably run in two groups.

tomtom72
02-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi John,

Frank and I have not planned anything in any talks. I feel safe in saying that Frank's "in" for the Drags, though. So far all our talks have been here.

So far it looks like us three(?) from the NEast are the only ones checking in here. I've never been to the Gathering. I'm open to anything the majority of us decide. In theory, so far anyway, you are the long runner in our informal group. I have that entire week off and I have my room from Wednesday night onward. In light of that I would defer to our group's decision as to what to do to keep us all together in the draft, so to speak....:mrgreen:

Tom