PDA

View Full Version : BG sign up

ZZZZZR1
01-27-2009, 02:05 PM
ok guys / gals,

Time to make reservations!

This event is not on mothers day, so no excuses!

The ZR-1netregistry has a huge discount on membership and that will save you.(if you get a NCM membership that saves you on meals / registration and events)
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/registration.shtml

HOTEL
Say you are with the Gathering and we have a group rate
www.holidayinnbowlinggreen.com <<---- Book here (we will have our get together here and meet almost every night)

Below is the latest update:

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/web-logo-2009.gifMay 14 - 16, 2009
For Gathering Info, click here (http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/info.shtml)
For Gathering Registration, click here (http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/registration.shtml)
Lifetime Member Event Price: FREE, but must pre-register
NCM Member Event Price: $15.00 per person
non-NCM Member Event Price: $25.00 per person
To book plant tours click here. (http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/)

ALL ACTIVITIES ARE OPEN TO EVENT REGISTRANTS ONLY
THURSDAY May 14, 2009
8:00am
NCM Opens

Pre-registration Credential Pickup Begins
On-site registration available
Located in NCM Conference Center (on Boulevard)
8:15am – 4:00pm
S1 Seminar: “Gordon's School” for C4 Corvette Troubleshooting

Gordon Killebrew is well known throughout the Corvette world as THE authority on the C4 1984-1996 Corvettes. Gordon will conduct his school at the NCM focusing on 1990-1996 model years from hood fit to code readings. This class will be a “hands on” class with your Corvette.

Pre-registration required
Limited to 12 participants only
Lunch provided
Located at the NCM Amphitheater
Special Pricing School Fee:

NCM Members: $150 per person
Non-members: $160 per person

Click here to visit Gordon's School (http://www.gordonkillebrew.com/)
8:30am – 3:00pm
LT1: International Bluegrass Museum Scenic Tour and Lunch

Travel to Western Kentucky and the heart of Bluegrass music so named for its Kentucky origins. Bluegrass legend Bill Monroe was born and lived just outside of Owensboro which is the fitting home of the International Bluegrass Museum . And what more authentic way to take a break than lunch at the famous Moonlight BBQ.

Departs from NCM Logo Circle
Pre-registration required
Limited to 68 participants
Tour of Bluegrass Museum in Owensboro
Buffet Lunch at Moonlight Barbeque Inn includes 3 meat entrees
DYOC: Drive Your Own Corvette
Tour Fee:

NCM Members: $25 per person
Non-NCM Member: $35 per person.

Click Here to visit the Bluegrass Museum (http://www.bluegrass-museum.org/)
Click Here to visit the Moonlight BBQ (http://www.moonlite.com/)
11:00am-1:00pm Lunch Break – visit the new Corvette Cafe on the Boulevard 1:00pm-3:00pm
Golf Cart Autocross

Located at NCM front lawn
Open to all Event Registrants
Requires a driver (blindfolded) and a navigator
4:00pm-5:00pm
Official NCM Xpansion Guided Tour

Open to Everyone!
Meet in Lobby (by front doors)
5:00pm
NCM Closes
FRIDAY May 15, 2009
NCM Opens.

Pre-registration Credential Pickup
On-site registration available
8:15am-10:00am
S2 Seminar: LT5 Round Table Discussion

Speakers: VIP guests
Open to registered event participants only
Limited to 75 participants only
Continental Breakfast - $8.00
9:00am-4:00pm
Gordon Killebrew School : "Drive Through Troubleshooting"

Registered Participants only
Located in NCM Truck Lot
Click Here to Visit Gordon's School (http://www.gordonkillebrew.com/)
9:00am- 1:45pm
Silent Auction

NCM front lobby
10:00am – 1:00pm
Peoples/Celebrity Choice Car Show

Show cars park in NCM parking lot
Window placard available at Registration desk
Ballots and Ballot box at registration desk.
10:00am – 11:00am
S3 Seminar: Follow-up on LT5 that never was

Speaker: Graham Behan, Gary Cline, Jack Underwood, Dave McLellan
In Chevrolet Theater
Limited seating available
11:00am – 12:00pm
S4 Seminar: Callaway Cars as part of C4 History

Registered participants only
In Chevrolet Theater
11:00am-3:45pmRT 1 Poker Run

Departs from NCM
Instructions and starting clue at Registration desk
Prize given for best poker hand
12:00pm-1:00pm
Lunch Break – visit the new Corvette Cafe on the Boulevard
1:00pm – 1:30pm
Group Photo Participants

Participants in Logo Circle
Photos $10 available Friday afternoon and Saturday at Registration
1:45pm
Car Show Awards

Located at Events Entrance and Logo Circle
2:00pm - 3:00pm
S5 Seminar: Availability of ZR-1 Repair Parts

Speaker: Marc Haibeck
In Chevrolet Theater
3:00pm - 4:00pm
S6 Seminar: TBA

Speaker: Dave McLellan
In Chevrolet Theater
5:00pm
Museum Closes
5:30pm
BBQ at the 1869 Homestead B&B

Departs NCM Logo Circle and drive at 5:15pm
Pre-registration Required
$15 members/ $25 non-members
Served by Whitt's BBQ
Menu: Pulled Pork & Chicken – 3 sides – dessert & beverage
SATURDAY May 16, 2009
National Corvette Museum opens
8:00am – 12:00pm
Event Registration Pickup Times ( NCM Conference Center )
8:15am – 12:00pm
Autocross at Trace Die Cast Parking Lot

Gates open at 8:15am
Presented by: NCM Volunteers
Autocross Participation Fee $20 per driver
8:45 Mandatory Driver meeting
Click here for Directions (http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/agenda_map.jpg)
9:00am-4:00pm
Gordon Killebrew School : "Drive Through Troubleshooting"

Registered Participants only
Located in NCM Truck Lot
Click Here to Visit Gordon's School (http://www.gordonkillebrew.com/)
9:30am – 1:30pm
Digital Scavenger Hunt

Bring your cell phone or digital camera
Pickup clues at registration desk
Prize for most correct
Start anytime between 9:30am – 1:30pm
11:30am – 3:00pm
LT2 Road Tour and Lunch

Road Tour on KY back roads in Warren, Simpson and Logan counties
Staging at NCM Logo Circle and drive
Tour Fee $12
Limited to 40 participants Only
Lunch at Chaney's Dairy Barn
Menu: Assorted sandwiches, soup, salads, beverages, ice cream
click here for Chaney's Dairy Barn (http://www.chaneysdairybarn.com/)
11:00am-1:00pm Lunch Break – visit the new Corvette Cafe on the Boulevard 1:00pm – 3:00pm

S7 Seminar – 2010 Corvette

Speakers: GM Manufacturing
In Logo Circle
Includes a walk around of the 2010 models
5:30pm
Cash Bar on NCM Boulevard at Conference Center
6:00pm – 9:00pm
BQT2: The Gathering Banquet & Auction

NCM Conference Center
By pre-registration only
$25 members/ $35 non-members

ZZZZZR1
01-27-2009, 02:06 PM
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/reg_images/registration.gif
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/web-logo-2009.gif
May 14 -16, 2009
You may register two people but information must be entered separately-only one name to a field.

To register a second person, check the ‘add a guest' box at the bottom of the registration form
Registration fees subject to verification of membership status
Event Credential is printed according to how you enter the information
Use upper and lower case type as you fill in information so your name is printed with the correct characters
Early-registration before May 10, 2009 ( 8:00 am CT ) includes:

Admission to the NCM during the event
Seminars
Free Road Tours
Custom Event credential - Shows each activity registered for.
Commemorative dash plaque
Early-registration closes at 8am CT Friday, May 10, 2009 . Only On-site registration is available after online closes

On-site registration opens at 8:00am on Thursday May 14th
On-site registration includes:

Avery style event badge/plastic holder
Admission to the Museum during the Event
Access to Event seminars and free road tours

On-site registrants do not receive custom NCM lanyard, personalized nametag, dash plaque or pin
All cancellations will be charged a $5 processing fee
Terms of Service:

You will receive your charge verification and registration confirmation immediately after completing your registration if you have provided an accurate email address.
Remember to wear your nametag at all NCM functions both on and off-site.
Online registration with no payments will be automatically rejected without notice.

Register for the Gathering (http://services.corvettemuseum.com/PortalTools/Meetings/MeetPassLog.cfm?MeetingID=74)

National Corvette Museum
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101 or call: 1-800-53-VETTE
FAX: (270) 781-5286

Jeffvette
01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
What are the rates at the Plaza?

Gunny
01-27-2009, 05:18 PM
What are the rates at the Plaza?

Depends on whether you tell them if you're driving a Z or a mustang :mrgreen:

FU
01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
115.00 per. Jeff

QB93Z
01-27-2009, 06:21 PM
I am registered and reserved at the Holiday Inn, University Plaza. Looking forward to the trip.

Arriving Wednesday afternoon.

We are getting a group together to caravan down on Wednesday. We will probably depart the Northern Virginia area (location to be determined later) early Wednseday morning.

Anyone north of VA that wants to join us, PM me or ZZZZR1 and we will make arrangements to meet up.

Jim

JThomas
01-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered. See you brothers in Bowling Green! :hello:

ZZZZZR1
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Spoke to many Z owners that have never been to BG (me included).

Anymore that are on the fence on coming?

Please post if you are headed to the Gathering! :cheers:

David

Gunny
01-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Going !!

George

XfireZ51
01-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Unless the drag racing gets changed, I think N. Illinois is going to pass this time. Maybe next year once the strip is done. :cry:

ZZZZZR1
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Unless the drag racing gets changed, I think N. Illinois is going to pass this time. Maybe next year once the strip is done. :cry:

Great news! Jim Donahue is working out a deal @ Beach Bend and looks like we will get track time.

Details coming, but plan getting to the track!

:cheers:

David

XfireZ51
02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Great news! Jim Donahue is working out a deal @ Beach Bend and looks like we will get track time.

Details coming, but plan getting to the track!

David

David,

Let us know so we can make arrangements in time. When will we know?

Aurora40
02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Yes, please let us know on the drag racing. I'll probably go anyway, but if the drag racing is during the week I'll need to change my hotel res. times as well as when I leave.

QB93Z
02-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Dave,

:occasion1

Will you have room for my drag radials in your car?

Jim

zrss
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Okay gang, THERE WILL BE DRAG RACING. The Buick GN folks have Beech Bend rented for the entire week but they are willing to let us crash their party. They have test and tune set for Wednesday, May 13, and we are welcome to jon them. There is not a firm schedule, and probably won't be, since it's a test and tune, not class eliminations. That means we should be able to make lots of runs, and can pick the cars we run against.

We will find out later this week how much they will charge us. They have been very courteous and I expect charges will be reasonable. I will post the charges as soon as I have that conversation with them.

At this point, we need to get a rough head count of racers so we can let the Buick folks know how much time we will need. Post up if you want to race.

Jim

FU
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Your welcome :wave:

I'm in :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Jeffvette
02-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Okay gang, THERE WILL BE DRAG RACING.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the update, and thanks for the work on making sure we get some track time in. See you there :hello:

ZZZZZR1
02-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Okay gang, THERE WILL BE DRAG RACING. The Buick GN folks have Beech Bend rented for the entire week but they are willing to let us crash their party. They have test and tune set for Wednesday, May 13, and we are welcome to jon them. There is not a firm schedule, and probably won't be, since it's a test and tune, not class eliminations. That means we should be able to make lots of runs, and can pick the cars we run against.

We will find out later this week how much they will charge us. They have been very courteous and I expect charges will be reasonable. I will post the charges as soon as I have that conversation with them.

At this point, we need to get a rough head count of racers so we can let the Buick folks know how much time we will need. Post up if you want to race.

Jim

Great work Jim!

Looking forward to BG

David

FU
02-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the good work Jim :thumbsup:
Race day is Wed. ? Who were you talking too, the people at Beech Bend or the Buick group ?

zrss
02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm talking to the Buick group. They are holding their event at Beech Bend (not somewhere else in BG and then going over to the track for racing) so they have it rented all day, every day, May 12 through 16. Since they have the track we need to ask them for track time, not Beech Bend.

Jim

ZR-1nce removed
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Dave,

Will you have room for my drag radials in your car?

Jim

Just secure them to your roof with duct tape, I'm sure that will work!!!

Count me in for 2

Darrin

tomtom72
02-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Ist timer....my vacation bid for the that week got approved, so this is my very first gathering @ BG .... ever! and I've been trying to get there for the whole 4 yrs I've owned my Z.

Soooo as a typical noooooob dumb a$$, I get the U-Plaza, gonna call today.
What I can't quite get is the rest of the offered stuff. Ya can't sign up for it all, right? So what all events are the majority attending????

Oh yea, I don't own a helmet, so I can't drag race right?

sorry for the noooob Q's! :redface:

TIA
Tom

Jeffvette
02-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Ist timer....my vacation bid for the that week got approved, so this is my very first gathering @ BG .... ever! and I've been trying to get there for the whole 4 yrs I've owned my Z.

Soooo as a typical noooooob dumb a$$, I get the U-Plaza, gonna call today.
What I can't quite get is the rest of the offered stuff. Ya can't sign up for it all, right? So what all events are the majority attending????

Oh yea, I don't own a helmet, so I can't drag race right?

sorry for the noooob Q's! :redface:

TIA
Tom

Tom, the majority stay at the plaza, tehy love the bar for some reason.

Most of the offered stuff is easy to get into as it's in the auditorium. But some of the other stuff you need to sign and pay for.

As for the helmet. The past few years there have been a couple of loaners available. I can bring mine as well.

tomtom72
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks Jeff! Okay, I see that it appears to be a bit of paperwork @ the NCM sign up sight. I'll take that up later as it looks to be that I should join the NCM.
I'll do that and sign up for our gathering at the same time. My head hurts now as I've just finished my 08 fed & state tax returns....why is nothing ever simple?...and I gotta go to work at my side job.

On the helmet, what do I need to know to buy a helmet, besides my mellon size? I don't want you to drag around any extra baggage as you're flying. Oh, and if you need "room at the inn" let me know.

Thanks for your help!:thumbsup:

ZZZZZR1
02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks Jeff! Okay, I see that it appears to be a bit of paperwork @ the NCM sign up sight. I'll take that up later as it looks to be that I should join the NCM.
I'll do that and sign up for our gathering at the same time. My head hurts now as I've just finished my 08 fed & state tax returns....why is nothing ever simple?...and I gotta go to work at my side job.

On the helmet, what do I need to know to buy a helmet, besides my mellon size? I don't want you to drag around any extra baggage as you're flying. Oh, and if you need "room at the inn" let me know.

Tom,

Worse case, join the NCM yearly "member" and you will save 25% on the membership, PLUS you will save on almost every event @ BG.

Even with the membership, you save $$$ in the end.

David

tomtom72
02-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Tom,

Worse case, join the NCM yearly "member" and you will save 25% on the membership, PLUS you will save on almost every event @ BG.

Even with the membership, you save $$$ in the end.

David

Ah, I feel that I should have been a member of the NCM....just never got around to joinning...:o

Gonna do it now because I can have the week off and actually attend our gathering at BG. Besides I can get a discounrt on my window sticker and build sheet. Now I don't have to fish the one out of the front sub frame and the one on tha gas tank is glued on really well...:mrgreen:

Jeffvette
02-08-2009, 05:13 PM

I'll be bringing a helmet anyways.

Tom, on a helmet, get a recent snell rated helmet. Most places will not recognize a "M" rated helmet. Find a local place and try on several. The fit of each is different. One thing to pay attention to is the fit in around the cheeks if you were glasses all the time. Also make sure it is a tight fit. Don't need your melon rattling around the inside of the helmet.

And don't need a room. Thanks for the offer.

tomtom72
02-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Jeff thanks for the advice on the helmet!:thumbsup:
I'm gonna go talk with the guys I know that do HPDE's and see where I can go to try them on before I buy.

Okay please put me down as signed up. Just finished my reservation on-line form and I have my confirmation #...soooo I'm officially "sooo there"....:mrgreen:

I'll be there Wed. The reservations I made are for 5/13 thru 5/16, check out Sunday AM, 5/17.

Man those people have very busy phones, I couldn't get thru. I had to do it over the net, got a different room rate but at least I do have a room at the U-Plaza.:cool:

AutoX sounds interesting....

tf95ZR1
02-11-2009, 01:36 AM
IMOBETHERE
First Time
Flying in
WooHoo!

Jeffvette
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
IMOBETHERE
First Time
Flying in
WooHoo!

:hello:

JThomas
02-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Signed up for the autocross. It will be a very tight fit in the ZR-1 with a helmet, but we'll see what happens! :thumbsup:

tf95ZR1
02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
It will be a very tight fit in the ZR-1 with a helmet, but we'll see what happens! :thumbsup:

Locobob showed me a trick: Remove the seat cushion (there is a retaining clip in front) and remove the (2) seat straps. Replace the cushion (duh). This will gain you an inch or two.
I saw a pic of someone who had constructed a custom "bubble" in his T-top so he could fit. Looked kinda funky to me.

tomtom72
02-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Okay, I ammended my registration and I'm pre-registered for the autoX event....:dancing