PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Cdn ZR1 95
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Watching Barrett Jackson this week has given me some motivation to get signed up here finally. More Z sale action in the last 4 days then the last 4 months! Saying hello to fellow Canadian Z owners since it looks like we have our own space.
Bought my '95 #135 in spring '08. Purchased the car from the original owner who took loving care of it for 13 years and all of 3,000 miles. Enjoyed another 500 miles or so this summer.

My first curiosity is to find out the #'s and status of the 17 1995 Canadian Z's that were sold. Anyone have any insight? Will probably move this question to the general forum but thought I would post it to start in the Canadian section.
Here is my start
#46 Black - Kentucky (recently for sale on the registry)
#72 Green - Ontario (sold from an Ontario dealer to private then was for sale on the registry briefly)
#135 Black - Mine
???

All for now
John

flyin ryan
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Welcome John:cheers:. glad you got over here. going to be tricky finding out about Canadian Zee's...the only one can tell you about is craigs427. i brought the car to his attention & we were together buying it every step of the way in Sept. 2007. it's number 103 AB/Grey. it was the 'First' AB car built in 95 & of coarse it's only one of eight AB's with Grey interior. we bought it from the original owner in Calgary. original selling dealer in Calgary was Shaganappi Chevrolet. :hello:

Cdn ZR1 95
01-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks Ryan, on the positive side I'm almost 25% of the way there. I will add it to the list. I thought I noticed a 95 for sale on Craigslist in Alberta last year. Perhaps white. No idea if it was a Cdn car however. Maybe Lethbridge but not sure.

flyin ryan
01-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Don't know anything about it:dontknow:. i know of a fair number of Canadian Zee's (Zed's:mrgreen:), & a fair number of 95's that are here. but 95 Canadian Zed's...:confused:

ZR1North
01-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Watching Barrett Jackson this week has given me some motivation to get signed up here finally. More Z sale action in the last 4 days then the last 4 months! Saying hello to fellow Canadian Z owners since it looks like we have our own space.
Bought my '95 #135 in spring '08. Purchased the car from the original owner who took loving care of it for 13 years and all of 3,000 miles. Enjoyed another 500 miles or so this summer.

My first curiosity is to find out the #'s and status of the 17 1995 Canadian Z's that were sold. Anyone have any insight? Will probably move this question to the general forum but thought I would post it to start in the Canadian section.
Here is my start
#46 Black - Kentucky (recently for sale on the registry)
#72 Green - Ontario (sold from an Ontario dealer to private then was for sale on the registry briefly)
#135 Black - Mine
???

All for now
John

Hi John. Glad to see another Z owner from Ontario checking in. I am in the same boat as Ryan re 95s. I have a 91 in Sarnia. I hope we will be able to hook up somewhwere along the way - perhaps on a pilgrimage to BG in '09.

Bob

flyin ryan
01-18-2009, 12:16 AM
I hope we will be able to hook up somewhwere along the way - perhaps on a pilgrimage to BG in '09.

BobI hate you guys...if i'm going to B-G from Edmonton...i'm packing a lunch. you guys got it good. i'm jealeous:worship:

ZR1North
01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I hate you guys...if i'm going to B-G from Edmonton...i'm packing a lunch. you guys got it good. i'm jealeous:worship:

We are indeed lucky in the East to be this close to the Holy Grail. I just got through reading about your participation in the NW Gathering, Ryan. You are definately committed (in the good sense of the word). I had planned to go to BG in May, but have had to delay my visit this year to the "09 Corvette Caravan" to coincide with the official opening of the new section of the Museum. That should be a blast as well.

Cdn ZR1 95
01-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Did a Memphis, Nashville & Bowling Green trip a couple years ago. Plant tour and the museum were great. Never been there on a 'big' weekend though. Sounds like it would be fun.

flyin ryan
01-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey John. what was the original selling dealer of your car, #135?

Cdn ZR1 95
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Great Question. Was delivered 5 minutes from my house at Wilson Niblett in Richmond Hill. Original owner had moved to Muskoka with the car. When I bought it, had it trucked back to Toronto and drove it over to WN 14 years later after 3000 miles for a safety and a check of everything. Quite a homecoming. Lot's of jaws on the floor at the dealership.
Checked my notes on cars I had located last year.
White '95 with 13,000 miles in Red Deer? #???, Cdn Car ???
Admiral Blue '95 Edmonton #438, Cdn Car ???

While I'm at it I'm not a registry member yet but is there any more detailed data available to members that would indicate Cdn Cars?

I think I will post a question on Z49 cars in the general section tonight.

flyin ryan
01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
#438 is CANUCK, (Doug M.) car. i helped him buy that car last March. came out of Maryland & is NOT a Canadian car. i've told this story on here before but he has the 'Last' AB Zed built & craigs427 (#103) has the first one built in 95. the two of them live five minutes apart in Sherwood Park, outside of Edmonton. crazy,eh.

Cdn ZR1 95
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Check out the thread on the general forum. We're almost there.