PDA

View Full Version : Stereo dimensions?

DaveK
01-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Anyone know the depth of the stereo box offhand? I know the height and width but don't know how deep it goes in.

Thanks

Dave

GOLDCYLON
01-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Dave I can measure my old bose radio in my garage when I get home. Your looking for depth of the unit correct? Will that work? GC

DaveK
01-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Dave I can measure my old bose radio in my garage when I get home. Your looking for depth of the unit correct? Will that work? GC

Yes, it's the depth I am looking for. I'm looking at potentially replacing it and need to know how much room there is.

Thanks

GOLDCYLON
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Dave the Depth of my factory 91 Bose radio is from Front panel to the rear of the HU is 6 1/8th Inches. However if you need more room the back center mount black pastic rest which the radio rear hits up against can be rotoziped out of the way giving you more room. However you have at least as much room as stated before any modifications are necessary. Later GC

DaveK
01-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Dave the Depth of my factory 91 Bose radio is from Front panel to the rear of the HU is 6 1/8th Inches. However if you need more room the back center mount black pastic rest which the radio rear hits up against can be rotoziped out of the way giving you more room. However you have at least as much room as stated before any modifications are necessary. Later GC

Thanks for the info GC - much appreciated :thumbsup:

GOLDCYLON
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info GC - much appreciated :thumbsup:

No sweat Dave glad to help. GC

DaveK
01-12-2009, 09:53 PM
ah! That's not enough room for what I had in mind. You wouldn't happen to recall how much extra might be available with the plastic rest removed would you? Looks like it would be about 1/2 an inch or so too shallow for what I am thinking of.

GOLDCYLON
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
No but I remember it being more than 1/2 inch more.

DaveK
01-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks again!

GOLDCYLON
01-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Dave any updates on the project? GC

DaveK
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi GC

The update is that what I had in mind wont fit lol so I am re-engineering things to make them fit.

It's going to take some work, I'm trying to fit a car pc into the volume of the stereo head and fitting in the components is a challenge. At the moment I am working on the CAD drawings to see if it is even possible, so far I believe it is, but will need a custom fabricated chassis.

Thanks

Dave

GOLDCYLON
01-26-2009, 02:38 AM
holly smokes sounds like a project in the making ! :mrgreen:

DaveK
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
holly smokes sounds like a project in the making ! :mrgreen:

Should be interesting. Combining work and play sort of - I'm in the computer industry. Initially I'm going to have GPS Navigation, (ALL!) my music collection for on the road tunes and wireless internet to make use of any open wireless points. I have some other plans down the line but need to get the basic setup in place first.