PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Injector Module

JPL
08-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi everybody

I am a happy owner of a ´90 ZR-1 #2150 in Finland. My car is in pretty good stock condition except it has suffered from some hesitation in full power mode. A lot of normal servicing has been done and basically nothing seemed to help. Finally the two Secondary Injector Modules/Relays were checked and the other one was found broken. The body is damaged and the circuit board is burnt. The funny thing is that the reason for this is still a mystery.

However, the problem is that I don´t seem to find the spare part. I have contacted the Finnish dealer but so far no help. My repair shop has ordered the part several months ago and it is still in back order. It seems to me that the part doesn´t exist in Europe.

Can you help me find one Secondary injector module? The GM part number is 10086284. Needless to say maybe but I will of course compensate the costs.

With Best Regards

J-P

Jeffvette
08-15-2005, 09:50 AM
J-P, let me know and I can get it ordered for you, just need paypal for the part cost and shipping to Finland.

JPL
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Finally I was able to find the part (at P&G) and I am actually holding it in my hand. Cannot wait to put it under the hood. Yeaaah.

wdo-mkr
09-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi everybody

I am a happy owner of a ´90 ZR-1 #2150 in Finland. My car is in pretty good stock condition except it has suffered from some hesitation in full power mode. A lot of normal servicing has been done and basically nothing seemed to help. Finally the two Secondary Injector Modules/Relays were checked and the other one was found broken. The body is damaged and the circuit board is burnt. The funny thing is that the reason for this is still a mystery.

However, the problem is that I don´t seem to find the spare part. I have contacted the Finnish dealer but so far no help. My repair shop has ordered the part several months ago and it is still in back order. It seems to me that the part doesn´t exist in Europe.

Can you help me find one Secondary injector module? The GM part number is 10086284. Needless to say maybe but I will of course compensate the costs.

With Best Regards

J-P

Okay I will bite. Where exactly is the secondary injector module located again?

Tyler Townsley
09-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Depends on the year. 90 is by the battery (2 each) but in the 92? and up it is that little daughter card on the calibration chip. In fact you can use the later calibration module in the 90 if you cut this card off the chip carrier and reflash it to a 90 calibration.

Tyler

tpepmeie
09-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Just caught up with this thread. Tyler, not sure if you are referring to the ESC knock filter module or the secondary injector drivers. Your description fits the knock filter circuitry quite correctly...they were located to the mem-cal after the 90MY. Prior to that they were externally mounted.

The secondary injector drivers are in fact located externally to the ECM. Down by the battery area, sounds about right, if I can remember. I'll need to go take a look to be sure.

Hope you're doing well, by the way.

todd

Tyler Townsley
09-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Tyler, not sure if you are referring to the ESC knock filter module
Hope you're doing well, by the way.

todd

I was thinking of the little module on the pass side which is as you point out the ESC filter. Thanks for catching that. Point was that you can cut this off the memcal and use it on a 90.

Got the dash cluster back for the proto and it sure is impressive all lit up. My understanding GM went away from it because of reliability reason. In talking to the guy who fixed it the real problem with these dashes was due to the automated solder machine they used. Once you correct these known contact spots the dash is as reliable as any other.

Doing well but sure miss the 90, hopefully it will be done soon.. Running Z06s with the 68 is interesting but it lacks A/C.LOL

Tyler

JPL
09-26-2005, 09:02 AM
The module was the thing I was missing. I took the car to track yesterday and now it is working like it is supposed to. Now I need new and sticky tires. Otherwise the car works well.