View Full Version : Mr. Lonely

FU
01-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Mr. Bobby Vinton

Mr. Lonely
Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
I have nobody for my own.
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
wish I had someone to call on the phone.

I'm a soldier, a lonely soldier,
Away from home through no wish of my own.
That's why I'm lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
I wish that I could go back home.

Letters, never a letter,
I get no letters in the mail.
I've been forgotten, yeah, forgotten,
Oh how I wonder how is it I failed.

Away from home through no wish of my own
I wish that I could go back home

Let's get something going here guys :mrgreen:

tomtom72
01-11-2009, 09:22 AM
:hello: From lower westchester county!

FU
01-11-2009, 09:46 AM
Babylon LI here Tom. We should see who and what we can get together when the weather clears up a bit. Maybe see if we can get together with the Maryland guys. They have a few get togethers during the year.

tomtom72
01-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm down with it, Frank!
:thumbsup:

It sure would be nice to put together some fun things to do with the other guys in our region. We could have a lot of fun, JMHO. I know its a big geographic area and it's nearly impossible to have "all of us from all the states in the NE" at one place at the same time, but we have BG Gathering & Carlisle as "big draws" to a common point. Heck we gotta start somewhere, right?

I don't want to sound like a 'pushy, rude New Yorker', but I can toss out some show schedules & charity events that I've been to in the past...to primp the pump so to speak.:o

:cheers:
Tom

1990 quasar blue
01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
:icon_thum Just a few hours north of you. However, I'm hoping to visit the Vette Doctors in the spring. I'm always up for a spirited drive. I've only had a couple with another Z, and it's been a long while since then.

rkreigh
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
this sat we're having a mini zr-1 gathering up in balt md.

frank, how's that 440 doing!!! glad to see folks venturing into the new sections:mrgreen::happy1:

FU
01-12-2009, 08:26 AM
this sat we're having a mini zr-1 gathering up in balt md.

frank, how's that 440 doing!!! glad to see folks venturing into the new sections

I'd love to get together this Saturday, weather will be a problem though.
440 is doing just fine Ron, we tamed her down a bit and she is more than a pleasure to drive.

:thumbsup:

I don't want to sound like a 'pushy, rude New Yorker', but I can toss out some show schedules & charity events that I've been to in the past...to primp the pump so to speak.:o

Tom

Push all you want Tom, weez all rude new yawkers. Lets get things moving and have a few get togethers :thumbsup::thumbsup: A picnic at a beach or a resort....a dinner somewhere. Anything.
I'm in !!

:icon_thum Just a few hours north of you. However, I'm hoping to visit the Vette Doctors in the spring. I'm always up for a spirited drive. I've only had a couple with another Z, and it's been a long while since then.

Pleasure to have you come on down. If you do make it to the V/D lemme know they are right around the corner from us. I can help with transportation etc. or just show you a good time and rip some road up !

tomtom72
01-12-2009, 09:00 AM
:hello: 90 QB......love that color!:thumbsup: Welcome to our own corner of the asylum.

:hello:Frank. I'll get to doing some research on those events from the recent past....last summer was busy with the group I cruise with...:mrgreen:

Hey Ron, thanks for this new section. I'm sure the executive level had a hand in it!:thumbsup:

Tom

GrayZ
01-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Mr. Bobby Vinton

Mr. Lonely
Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
I have nobody for my own.
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely,
wish I had someone to call on the phone.

Away from home through no wish of my own.
I wish that I could go back home.

Letters, never a letter,
I get no letters in the mail.
I've been forgotten, yeah, forgotten,
Oh how I wonder how is it I failed.

Away from home through no wish of my own
I wish that I could go back home

Let's get something going here guys :mrgreen:

Frankie, sorry to hear you are so Lonely,
here's a little sumthin sumthin for ya

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/kmoudy/cartoons/832956511_m.jpg

tomtom72
01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
:sign10: That's err, umm, funny, but us new yorkers kind of like to look at them mamasitas with the rice & beans backs.....kind of like the Laura Croft types......speaking for my self only ofcourse, as I'm closer to Da Bronx than most ......yea mon, baby got back!:mrgreen:

FU
01-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Frankie, sorry to hear you are so Lonely,
here's a little sumthin sumthin for ya

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/kmoudy/cartoons/832956511_m.jpg

What did the sheep say to the sheep hearder ? NNAAAAAAA !! On second thought :eusa_shhh

1990 quasar blue
01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
:hello: 90 QB......love that color!:thumbsup: Welcome to our own corner of the asylum.

Thanks for the compliment Tom. It would be nice to get them all together.

Pleasure to have you come on down. If you do make it to the V/D lemme know they are right around the corner from us. I can help with transportation etc. or just show you a good time and rip some road up !

Frank, that sounds great. I will be sure to shoot you a pm before I leave.

jrd1990zr1
01-27-2009, 09:09 PM
If it ever stops snowing and if you guys ever are planning something "Upstate", count me in. I am about 2 hours or so north of the TZ bridge. If not maybe see you in Carlisle.

Thanks, John :cheers:

tomtom72
02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
:hello: John! That's some nice country up there, you must have a blast with the Z on those roads!

Hey did you ever hear of a place/road called the "hawk's Nest"? Last yr the group I cruise with had a run going up to it, but I missed that excursion. The guys were jazzed about it too, should have heard them talk about it when they got back, they all had permagrin...:mrgreen:

Oh, forgot, is any one going the the gathering? Should we start a caravan thread?

Tom

jrd1990zr1
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Tom,

There are some great roads. Rt 30 Grand Gorge to Roscoe is a super ZR1 road.

Don't think I ever heard of "Hawks Nest". We might call it something else. Do you have an idea where it is located?

I was thinking about going to BG this year. Have not decided for sure yet.

John :cheers:

tomtom72
02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
:hello: John,

If you can make it to BG, post up so maybe we can all travel together. If you were thinking of driving, I'm taking my Z.

I'm going to go look up the thread about what we called the "Hawk's Nest" run. I'll see what roads were mentioned. Can't link it due to it's over at that other forum....but I'll do some research & report back.

Tom