PDA

View Full Version : Tune up questions??

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, my name is Bobby (go figure huh) and im new to this board. I just got my ZR-1 corvette and its an AWSOME car. I have always loved these car and i got a GREAT deal on this one so i picked it up really cheap. Its got 14k miles on it and its burgondy. Very nice car. It was sitting in storage for the longist time and all i did was drive it 2 miles to my house till i can figure out some things on it. I bought it from a bozo guy that didnt know crap about it. He thought it was a 5 speed not a 6 speed.....lol. Anyways, i shouldnt say to much either since im about to ask how many quarts of oil i have to put in it? It needs an oil change and im not sure the amout of oil that is required. Also, since its been in storage for a long time what else should i change? Plug wirres, plugs etc......Is it hard to change the wirres and plugs on this car? Im kinda familiar with these cars but not much, like i said, i wasnt looking for a zr1 i just got a good deal on it. Well since im new ill tell you guys a little about me, i just turned 21 and i live in Hoffman Estates(chicago) IL. I just moved here from Texas where i lived almost all of my life. I have 2 red 89 irocz camaros. The first one has a 386 stroker with a miniram, edelbrock heads, hooker long tubes, mufflex 4' exhaust, full suspension, ford 9' rear end 4.11 gears. The other iroc has a 96 lt1 with a 4l60e tranny and the minnor bolt ons with full suspension and a shift kit. Im about to start school again and train to become a pilot. I ultimatly want to be flying for the airlines......anyways, thats me and im new and i love this message board.....im very active on ls1.com, camaroz28.com and thirdgen.org if you wonder if you have ever seen this board name before. ThanksBobby

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Joseph

Bob: look at the last 3 digit of the Vin numbers of the carand tell me what they are, for the oil change get it hot then let it drain for about 2 hours and it will take when completly empty 9 quarts but it may take less since you will not be able to drain al ,make sure you use syntetic oil Mobil 1 .How many mile on the car? and if you not mind sharing whith us what did you pay for it.Joseph.

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Ill get back you on the vin #'s, but the car has 14k miles on it and it runs great. I just want to do a tune up on it has been sitting for so long. I only use mobile 1 in all of my sports cars so thanks for the imput........i paid $10k for the car. The guy didnt know what he was selling, he knew it was a corvette and that was it. When i got there i almost fell over because of what it was. Thanks for the help again....and ill get back to you on the vin.

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Wow! 10k for a '95 Z?!?!? If it is genuine you got a serious steal. :cheers

Anonymous
Z Factor

$10,000 for a 95 ZR-1 with 14K???That is incredible. Assuming the car is an actual ZR-1, not just a clone, that is probably the best deal ever on a ZR-1.The tune up should include changing ALL the fluids if it has been sitting for a long time. Let's face it, you got the car for a steal, so invest a little back into it.A couple of the plugs are difficult (some would say just one plug), and remember to use anti-seize on the plugs since we are talking aluminum here.Anyway, welcome to the forum and KOH club. :)

Anonymous
$10,000 for a ZR-1 Congrats..lets see some pics.

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:28 PM
bans25

Personly, If you did get a nice 95 for 10K I would sell it and buy a older Z... you could have it for free + have spare $$ for MODS!!! WOW... something smells fishy though.. How can someone have a 14K mile anything and not know what it is??

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Pete

Hi BobWelcome to the Net and IllinoisI live in DesPlaines, IL and have a few friends with moded ZR-1's we get together on Friday nights for pizza if you can make it this Friday your welcome to join us.This includes all ZR-1 guys that wanna join us for pizza and fun Friday nights.Bob what color is your ZR-1?Where did you buy it from?All i can say is WOW, deal of the century.(Edited by Pete at 3:10 am on May 14, 2003)

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Z Factor

Hey Bob

It is normally customary for you to respond to questions in a thread you started. I hope things are working out for you, and look forward to hearing more about your Z.

Anonymous
12-16-2003, 11:31 AM
Don't suppose Bob opened the hood on a $10,000 '95 ZR-1 and found something other than an LT-5? :shock:

A1990
12-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Don't suppose Bob opened the hood on a $10,000 '95 ZR-1 and found something other than an LT-5? :shock:

Like maybe no engine at all!?!?!?!?!

:oops:

WB9MCW
12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
ALL THESE GUEST GUY'S NOW AND NO PROFILE'S THAT IS THE GROWING PAINS OF THE SITE REDO.... TO MR BOB 89 IROC CONGRAT'S I LIVE IN MCHENRY AND MY STEPSON LIVES WITH HIS FATHER IN HOFF. ESTATES. I WOULD LIKE TO COME BY AND SEE UR ZR-1...CANT BELIVE U GOT SUCH A KILLER DEAL... TRUST ME U GOT A ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL THERE!!! MR PETE OF DES PLAINES WHERE DO YOU GUYS MEET AT IN D.P. ON FRIDAY NITE?? MY BUSINESS IS IN NORTH ARL. HTS, OFF DUNDEE 68 BY PIEMONTE FORD AND SULLIVAN PONTIAC. WHY DON'T BOTH OF U GUYS GIVE ME A CALL AT MY OFFICE SO WE CAN ALL MEET AND GET A ZR-1 CLUB GOING..I DO A LOT OF CRUISE NITES UP NORTH... MY # IS 847-394-4490X601 DAYS AND NITE IS 815-344-6688

zr1mom
12-19-2003, 07:40 PM
The "Guest" guys you see is me. I had to manually transfer all the topics over to this forum from the old one and use the default "guest." In time as old members come over and re-register this will go away.

Thanks,

WB9MCW
12-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Z Factor

Hey Bob

It is normally customary for you to respond to questions in a thread you started. I hope things are working out for you, and look forward to hearing more about your Z. I AM BEGINING TO THINK THAT MR BOBBY FOOLED US ALL BEING THAT HE HAS NOT ANSWERED US OR SHOWN UP AGAIN!!! :nana:

WB9MCW
12-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Pete

Hi BobWelcome to the Net and IllinoisI live in DesPlaines, IL and have a few friends with moded ZR-1's we get together on Friday nights for pizza if you can make it this Friday your welcome to join us.This includes all ZR-1 guys that wanna join us for pizza and fun Friday nights.Bob what color is your ZR-1?Where did you buy it from?All i can say is WOW, deal of the century.(Edited by Pete at 3:10 am on May 14, 2003) PETE I AM HOPING THAT YOU READ THIS THREAD AGAIN AND LET ME KNOW HOW TO MEET YOU GUYS ON FRIDAY NIGHTS. I PRESUME YOU ARE ON WINTER BREAK AND WILL START UP IN THE SPRING AGAIN???

A1990
12-22-2003, 04:29 PM
PETE I AM HOPING THAT YOU READ THIS THREAD AGAIN AND LET ME KNOW HOW TO MEET YOU GUYS ON FRIDAY NIGHTS. I PRESUME YOU ARE ON WINTER BREAK AND WILL START UP IN THE SPRING AGAIN???
Brian:

Have you met up with Marc Haibeck, Debbie, Fred Hare, etc there in Chicago? If not, you should look them up.