PDA

View Full Version : Cliff's 415 in Corvette Magazine

A26B
10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Anybody else seen Cliff's 415 in Corvette ?

I haven't had the chance to read it all, but nice big article on a couple of ZR-1's in England.

jonszr1
10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
yes , very nice piece . he really had to go through alot to get her the way he wanted . i can only wish one day to own a stroker car

LoTu5
10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Cheers guys, you could say the last ten years of ownership have been very interesting and testing indeed. The great news is I'm nearly *there* with car and *myself*, as far as getting to know the car inside out is concerned - and am starting to enjoy the ZR-1 experience again. I took my fourteen year old son on a 120 mile journey last weekend and gave him the 'full power' 3 grand pull away while cruising. He loved it and his words were " Dad it sucks the air out of my lungs " :mrgreen:

I took the car apart a few years ago having dyno'd it at 546 flywheel hp - I've since added a better flowing top-end with larger valves but am running it with standard cams at present and plan to locate and fit some more radical cams at a later date. I will also be fitting some 4.10's in the next few weeks along with refitting the 3" B&B which I took off because it was too noisey.

I've tried four exhasts so far, standard, Corsa, Borla and B&B. I found all except the B&B to be possibly too restrictive, and the Corsa too tinny at WOT. I can live with the Borla but again it's restricted so I'll explore ways of trying to make the B&B a little quieter without obstructing perfomance.

I'm also thinking about replacing the injectors for new ones although we don't have the dreaded ethanol in our pump gas. The Zed always gets the highest octane on offer too.

Once I sort these small duties I'll hit the dyno again.

------------
Keep on cruising.

Hammer
10-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I am fairly new to the ZR-1 (2 plus years), so I take it Cliff, you are LoTu5? If so, you have a very nice car. I certainly wish I could afford a 415 (or larger now). I have the article on the cars in England and I am impressed that people all over are able to share this with you guys.

UKZR1
10-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Its good to see you back out in the Z Cliff. I'm so glad you hung on to it and didn't move it on. When you work on a car as much as we have it becomes more than just a car, its almost part of you and I'm sure you would have missed it a few years down the line. I still call 'BIG AWE' Jasons car and I think its been moved on twice now!!

My new injectors are in and A26b's gaskets are in the UK so should get them early in the week. Perhaps meet up sometime this week as I've got a few days off work.

Remember last spring when you wheeled it out and started sorting it all out? I came down with the scanner and that afternoon it fired up and finally idled as it should:)

here's a link to the online article http://corvette-mag.com/art2/art2p1.html

LoTu5
10-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I am fairly new to the ZR-1 (2 plus years), so I take it Cliff, you are LoTu5? If so, you have a very nice car. I certainly wish I could afford a 415 (or larger now). I have the article on the cars in England and I am impressed that people all over are able to share this with you guys.

Thanks Hammer,
It's always good to see everyone enjoying thier cars. The article was on the spot at a local south coast meet where, low and behold, the other ZR-1 in the article was present. It was too good an oppurtunity to miss.
:cheers:

LoTu5
10-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Its good to see you back out in the Z Cliff. I'm so glad you hung on to it and didn't move it on. When you work on a car as much as we have it becomes more than just a car, its almost part of you and I'm sure you would have missed it a few years down the line. I still call 'BIG AWE' Jasons car and I think its been moved on twice now!!

My new injectors are in and A26b's gaskets are in the UK so should get them early in the week. Perhaps meet up sometime this week as I've got a few days off work.

Remember last spring when you wheeled it out and started sorting it all out? I came down with the scanner and that afternoon it fired up and finally idled as it should:)

here's a link to the online article http://corvette-mag.com/art2/art2p1.html

I appreciate yours and Kerensa's help, I think that day we got down to some real nitty gritty and sorted the gremlins out, which gave me a good base point to start with. If you get down here one fine day next week I will sort out the Chinese takeaway. :cool:

Jason's car, BIG AWE, is now with an owner in Fareham who's very keen about the car. Thanks for the links. :cheers:

UKZR1
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
I tell you what Cliff, I order stuff from the US and its all arrived (or is about to) - even the odd part that Ecklers shipped seperate due to a balls up. The part thats looking like its not going to arrive - the one thing I ordered in the UK!!!! Muppets

I need to drive my Z. Its not been out for 3 weeks! Fingers crossed all goes well and I'll be down.

Are you gonna want to use my lift when you do your diff??? If not I know a good garage not too far, less than 100 miles away so I think you should get it back home ok;)

LoTu5
10-26-2008, 01:24 PM
I wait keenly to see if you notice any difference from the new injectors :ears:

You're OK matey I like to raise the car in the air and work off axle stands. I can see the build sheet hanging of the fuel tank so I'll try to coax that out while I'm under the car.

WB9MCW
10-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Congrats on the nice article!!!

Chris_32212
10-29-2008, 12:34 PM
congrats on the article. the 415's are wicked cool but there is no way i would ever spend the money on one. ...feel like a broken record so i'll shut up.

Chris