PDA

View Full Version : Adams Window Cleaner

Hammer
09-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I talked with Jerry Schubert at the Portland Gathering and he mentioned the Adams Window Cleaner was the worse he had ever used. He could not get rid of the film and streaking. He bought this based on my recommendation. I have been noticing that I have been having a similar problem. A film seems to be on the windows after only a couple of days cleaning them.

Anyone else having this problem?

bobbyhi
09-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I've being using it for over a year now and still think it is the best cleaner that I have used. Maybe I got a "good" batch:mrgreen:

Aurora40
09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Sometimes no matter what cleaner, you need to clean the windows more than once with more than one towel. If they were really hazy you get to this point where the towel simply pushes the haze around. A second cleaning will usually do the trick.

Though are you saying they are clear for a few days? If so, are you doing any other interior stuff at the same time like treating the dash or leather? It could be you are using too much product, as many of those sorts of products will definitely haze the glass. One thing you can try is leaving the windows open after using a rubber/vinyl dressing or leather conditioner. Or you can just try using less when you use them.

Hammer
09-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Sometimes no matter what cleaner, you need to clean the windows more than once with more than one towel. If they were really hazy you get to this point where the towel simply pushes the haze around. A second cleaning will usually do the trick.

Though are you saying they are clear for a few days? If so, are you doing any other interior stuff at the same time like treating the dash or leather? It could be you are using too much product, as many of those sorts of products will definitely haze the glass. One thing you can try is leaving the windows open after using a rubber/vinyl dressing or leather conditioner. Or you can just try using less when you use them.

I am trying both suggestions today. Gonna use newspaper this time.

-=Jeff=-
09-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Adams seems okay for me,but I still prefer Invisible Glass and Newspaper for window cleaning

Aurora40
09-14-2008, 04:16 PM
For some reason aerosol glass cleaners seem to work better. I don't really know why that is, or even if it's just an illusion. Invisible Glass is good, or SprayWay.

I personally wouldn't use newspaper as you get ink all over your hands and thus possibly all over the cabin.