PDA

View Full Version : the 90 in UK and 92 coming

xxxscimitarxxx
08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
well he (Red 1G1YZ23J6L5800231)arrived at Southampton docks UK a couple of months back now and my first experience was a run to my town 'southend on sea'....bout 130 miles

couple of lil probs....dead battery but they always are after a transatlantic trip. Some one always leaves something on to totally kill the battery.....so had to get back without stopping the engine.

the drive was wonderful and horrible at the same time with typical UK traffic jam virtually the whole trip but the occasional gap put a smile on my face when l could get to 125 between jams...leaving BMW's and Merc's trailing in the wake of the LT5 music

a big impression was how lazy the engine could run at say 70.....about 1700 rpm in 6th....couldnt believe it...then droping to 5th for a casual overtake....4th for a lively overtake....3rd for a CYA overtake....a little futher anoyance was in the form of LTPWS and 'service ride control' came on.....lm hoping that this is to do with a croaked battery.....but l dont know yet as the battery was bought and l havent been back in UK to drive for two months.....but l didnt buy a 90 without knowing l would be into fixing it....

And Next

92 yellow (1G1YZ23J7N5800404) arriving UK in about 5 weeks....Bought from Kurt at white racing products....and some work done before shipped....ride control fixed, new screen, new weather strip where it needed it....and this and that....a pleasure dealing with Kurt

Not entirely sure of my plans for this one....its the real colour l like, 'competition yellow' so l have been toying with the idea of doing a racing tribute vinyl job on the body work.....which brings me to the question.....what is the best example of a yellow 92 race car that l could copy....lve seen some close comparisons on the vette museum website, but any photographs appreciated.

I really have become a bit addicted to the ZR1....its an engineers car (me)....so all other cars are leaving the stable...tho lm hardly ever back in UK to drive anything as l work mainly in Ukraine, but l might do a road trip $10 a UK gallon :jawdrop: and about $6 in Ukraine

I dont reckon on having to many more cars now as lm comin up 51 and these boys will last me a few years...or until the UK nanny government either takes my licence away coz lm too old, or finds other ways to keep either me or the Z's off the road.....

Until then....lm going to enjoy every time l get behind the wheel

John Boothby
08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
These cars do put smiles on one's face!:D

Regarding the "SERVICE LTPWS" warning, as long as the light does not stay on when the car is started the system is ok. The system interigates the tire sensor's in a timed manner and if one sequence is interrupted the light will come on. This happens mostly in stop and go driving. It is mentioned in the owner's manual.

Regarding the "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL", again, if the light goes out when the car is started, the system is ok. If the lights stay on when the car is started, then there is a problem. Check code.

xxxscimitarxxx
08-12-2008, 04:06 AM
these faults came on when l had done about 40 miles.....so guessing they might not be system glitches....however didnt get the opportunity to find out if they went out after restarting because l couldnt restart due to dead battery. had to get the new battery on special order as the side terminal type is found only on american cars in UK, and l went overseas before it arrived, however the guy who took my car to get it MOT'd (vehicle safety test) didnt mention any faults when l called him so maybe gone...l will check

so lve read, the best thing to do with LTPWS is take it out. As for service ride control...will wait and see....l know how to check the activators.....will have to read the manual for anything thing related to that

tommy
02-19-2018, 04:43 PM
xxxscimitarxxx your zr1 1G1YZ23J7N5800404 now drive in Poland :)

xxxscimitarxxx
02-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Yea those were sold some years back now.....wish I had kept one but moving around and no storage.....regrets regrets

tommy
02-19-2018, 05:17 PM
you sold red too?

Yellow`s owner is my friend, you can see your ex zr1 in www.corvetteforum.pl. Yellow zr1 is in good hands :)