PDA

View Full Version : '92 Floor Mats

robrtr
07-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I just bought a 1992 ZR-1. The seller told me the original floormats were unused (in the back of the car) and a second set of aftermarket mats were on the floor. At a car get-together today, a '90 ZR-1 owner told me it was the reverse. Can anyone provide me a pic or description of what stock '92 mats should look like. Thanks.

Ralph
'92 Black/Gray #225

QB93Z
07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
I guess you made it over to Burtonsville Sunday Morning. Sorry I missed you, I had a committment that prevented me from getting there.

Here is a picture of stock mats in the rear of a saddle interior car, (not my car). Do yours look like this?

Jim

http://www.gizmosart.com/webimages/corvette/interiorback.jpg

flyin ryan
07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
i think you mis-understood Jim. either that or i did:icon_scra

QB93Z
07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
i think you mis-understood Jim. either that or i did:icon_scra

It is entirely possible!

I didn't have a picture of '92 front floor mats, so I changed the question to fit the picture that I had. :???:

Does anyone know if the OEM floor mats are different for different years?

Jim

robrtr
07-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the pic, Jim, but I meant the front mats. I have one plain set, that I was told were aftermarket, and a second set with logos, that the seller said were original to the car. Attached is one pic I found on the web of '92 mats.
http://www.corvettefever.com/featuredvehicles/corp_0703_1992_corvette_zr1/photo_06.html

I'll take a pic of mine tonight and post it (if I can figure how).

Sorry you missed the Sunday get-together. We had 3 Z's there plus LOTS of other beautiful rides.

Ralph

DaveK
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I don't think the original mats - floor or cargo - came with any kind of logo on any years. Those look like the aftermarket ones from Ecklers and similar places.

gbrtng
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
The original mats had no logo, and there is a strip of velcro at the rear to keep them from slipping forward - at least my 91s are that way.

BTW, the factory mats are such poor quality and wear out quickly so finding an original set will be difficult. The dealers did not have the exact match in 1995 when I ordered a set.

robrtr
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
That description sounds like my 'plain' mats. Pretty funny if this is right. All these years the aftermarket mats were kept in the back, in pristine condition, while the factory mats received all the wear-and-tear. The good news is the mileage on the car is so low that the mats are still in reasonably good shape. Thanks for the response.

Ralph

GOLDCYLON
07-28-2008, 11:46 AM
The original mats had no logo, and there is a strip of velcro at the rear to keep them from slipping forward - at least my 91s are that way..

Yep no Logo with a Velcro strip on the rear are noramlly factory. Any with a ZR-1 Logo are aftermarket

robrtr
07-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Everything checks out. The unused mats are LLoyd Mats, a GM licensed product. Paid extra for the toes.

The 'well-used' mats are original. The drivers mat has the velcro strip. No strip on the passenger mat. The drivers mat underside has two blue handwritten '6', one near the top outside edge, one mid outside edge. Does that mean anything to anyone? Also, the driver's mat had a rubber heel patch.

Sorry about the pics. I haven't figured out how to imbed them in the message yet.

Ralph