PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbor strike GOLD at BG this year -- 5 ZR-1's

WB9MCW
06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
I live on a private dead end road and at the very end so I drive by all of my neighbors houses in and out every day.

The strangest thing started happening this weekend.

My neighbor (Phil) president of our road association and my Dad's barber for 20+ years + the guy who sold me my ZR-1 began having ZR-1's one at a time showing up in his driveway.

I though I was going crazy every time I went by his house this weekend another would appear in the driveway and all different colors.

Well tonight I finally catch up with him and said WTF where the hell are all of the ZR-1's coming from?

Phil with a smile as broad as could be said I won the bid at BG for a Collecters Series of 5 ZR-1's --- one for each year!

I now must live on the shortest private road with the most ZR-1's in the whole world!

And I have to say Illinois is now no doubt #1 in the world for the most ZR-1's as our poll here as well indicates + five more at this point:cool:

Now I will tell you that I have seen Phil own 25+ vettes in the last 23 years that I have lived on this street. And no doubt (cuz he told me so) the whole set of five are on the blocks. You see this is what Phil loves to do is buy and sell Corvettes. He is a nut when it comes to this no doubt. He has had just about every year and model one could imagine. In fact I always wonder each year what he is gonna drag home for BG-- and this year he scored the mother load:mrgreen:

So if any of you really want a 5 year collection of every ZR-1 (yes the 93 is the Ruby one too) now is your time to cut a deal with my pal Phil:thumbsup:

Let the show begin:happy1:

If you are truly serious about wanting the whole set of five I will hook you up with him but I am not going to start asking a bunch of ?'s about them for you-- this you can do yourself --- I will be more than happy to PM you his phone # if you are really serious about owning all five -- no doubt they are all in mint shape and low miles -- they look so beautiful all lined up in his driveway right now -- it is like ZR-1 HEAVEN over there:jawdrop:

flyin ryan
06-30-2008, 01:41 PM
sounds awesome B. you said five Zee's, what year is missing, 90?

Z Factor
06-30-2008, 02:00 PM
:cool:

The guy must have some big bucks. What I do not understand is why bid and win them only to turn right around and sell them. Did he get some great price and assumes he can make an instant profit, even in this economy? Also, where is he storing them all?

BTW- Since he owns 5 at the moment why not have him join the Registry or at least post on the forum.

:cheers:

Aurora40
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
And how about a picture! :)

karterdon
06-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I was there and watched them go for $220,000. I looked at all of them in the Corral - All were very, very , very nice. I think he got a really good deal.=D> If I had only had the extra cash to part with !!!

Don Yoakem
91 #267 Dark Red Met.

WB9MCW
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM
sounds awesome B. you said five Zee's, what year is missing, 90?

Not sure did any of you at the event notice which is the missing year?

WB9MCW
06-30-2008, 11:31 PM
:cool:

The guy must have some big bucks. What I do not understand is why bid and win them only to turn right around and sell them. Did he get some great price and assumes he can make an instant profit, even in this economy? Also, where is he storing them all?

BTW- Since he owns 5 at the moment why not have him join the Registry or at least post on the forum.

He is a simple man and a Barber!

Just goes to show if you buy low and sell high enough Corvettes what you can do in 25 years!

He is not a big "computer guy" and doubt I could get him to come here -- Do not know where he plans to keep them at - right now some are in his driveway (some in his garage) outside in the elements - sure this will change soon.

No doubt he got a great price and I am sure he will flip them quick cuz this is what he does. I have yet to see him hold on to a vette for more than a year -- He had a low mile 84 but he did finally sell it too. Took about the whole year.

I am the only guy he actually lost $75 on a vette deal with when he sold me my ZR-1-- Cuz he liked my Dad (who had just died from prostrate cancer) and I so he cut me a deal and forgot about his transfer fee when he added it up and sold it to me -- so he later told me.

He knew it was my dream vette (black on black ZR-1) so he did me a solid.:thumbsup:

WB9MCW
06-30-2008, 11:33 PM

I do not own a digi camera but maybe one of the guys took pic's of them at the event???

Perhaps they will post em up here!

WB9MCW
07-05-2008, 01:23 AM
I see that he did actually score 6 after all - one for every year for $220K:cool:

Bloomington Gold results:

1993 white w/red 17K miles......$39K
1992 Aqua LPE 475 47K miles.....$23.5
Set of 6 Zs-90-95 Sold for.........$220K
1991 ZR-1 REd/Red 17K miles..................$27.5
1990 ZR-1 Red/Red 35K miles.....................$27K
1990 Blk/blk unk miles no sale .........$30K high bid
1993 Blck/Blck................unk miles...$26.5
1970 ZR-1..................................$120K

WB9MCW
11-22-2008, 11:19 PM

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/HAMMERHATE/Pill-Grandes-ZR-1-Collecti.jpg

for sale here >>> http://www.privatecollectorautogroup.com/carzr1.html

flyin ryan
11-23-2008, 12:23 AM
cool, B, even if it took you FIVE months to post some pics:cool:. never happy, huh. just bustin' your N**TS:redface:. thanks:hello:

WB9MCW
11-23-2008, 05:51 AM
cool, B, even if it took you FIVE months to post some pics:cool:. never happy, huh. just bustin' your N**TS:redface:. thanks:hello:

Better late than Never Right? :thumbsup:

tomtom72
11-23-2008, 07:03 AM
waaaay :cool:

God bless you guys, live life to the fullest!:thumbsup:

Z Factor
11-23-2008, 12:25 PM
-- Do not know where he plans to keep them at - right now some are in his driveway (some in his garage) outside in the elements - sure this will change soon.

So where did he wind up keeping his collection?
Does he plan on keeping them, or turning them around?

WB9MCW
11-23-2008, 01:20 PM
So where did he wind up keeping his collection?
Does he plan on keeping them, or turning them around?

ZF you must have missed the link right under the photo :thumbsup:

Private Auto Collectors Group is a business Phil runs in a nearby Industrial Business Park about one mile from the dead end street where we both live.

I have never known Phil to have any Vette he owns not be up for sale!

He has flipped vettes and muscle cars for the last 23 years that I have known him. It is his passion and now his side biz - remember his day job is a barber ~ he was my dad's barber for 20+ years and sold me my ZR-1 at a loss of $78 ~ he forgot to charge me for the title x-fer. The only vette he said he ever took a loss on!!! My dad had just passed on from prostrate cancer and Phil knew the ZR-1 Black on Black was my dream vette.

That is why I dumped my 84 for the Z. Took a beating on the 84 ~ as did the guy I sold it too who just dumped it himself this year. It now is burning up the roads in mid-Wisconsin with a happy buyer who got a great deal at both of our expenses. Oh well ~ crap happens ~ I still have a soft spot for that first vette of mine! Don't we all?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/HAMMERHATE/84vettejeepers1.jpg

WB9MCW
12-24-2009, 10:51 PM
UPDATE

I SEE THAT PHIL IS WILLING TO SELL THEM INDIVIDUALLY NOW !!!

http://www.privatecollectorautogroup.com/carzr1.html