PDA

View Full Version : Washington, DC Area ZRoners

polo90
06-10-2008, 07:10 AM
For those of you that don't know about this, there is a weekly Sunday morning cruise-in in Burtonsville, MD called "The Church of the Holy Donut." It's a pretty slick all makes, all models gathering. Cars start rolling in between 8:00 - 8:30 am and start leaving around 10:30 - 11:00 am. There always seems to be a good selection of Corvettes and believe it or not, there have been times that there have been as many as four ZR-1's in the parking lot all at the same time. I plan on being there this Sunday (I don't miss many). The best way to get there from Baltimore or NOVA is to take I-95 and get off on the exit for Route 198 West toward Burtonsville. The cruise is located on the right side of the road after the fifth stop light. Those coming from Montgomery county, you are on you own. I believe you would take Route 28 East which turns into Route 198, go through Burtonsville and the cruise-in will be on your left. For those that use GPS, the address of the Dunkin Donuts is, 15600 Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD 20866 and their phone number is 301-476-7305. If the weather is good this Sunday morning, I expect there will be around two hundred cars in attendance. It would be nice to see a few more ZR-1's show up.

Thanks, Don

QB93Z
06-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Good recommendation! I have been to the "The Church of the Holy Donut" a few times and have always met some interesting folks. It is pretty easy to find and easy to get in and out. Attended by a wide variety of interesting cars. Showroom shine is NOT required, just bring your car.

Don, I will be there this weekend if I don't go to the Corvette and Harley show at Battlefield Harley Davidson in Gettysburg, PA.

Jim