PDA

View Full Version : Who would a thunk it??

GrayZ
05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Title: John McCain A Wild and Crazy Guy
Source: L.P.
URL Source: http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/postarticle.cgi
Published: Feb 16, 2008
Author: beyond the sea
Post Date: 2008-02-16 19:21:53 by beyond the sea
17 Comments

Just thinking out here .........with John McCain not getting anyone too stirred up these days, the RNC eventually ought to make an effort to publicize this side of him to all those young enthusiastic Obamagasm voters. To see the wild-youthful-fun-erratic side of McCain might be a little help to liven up his image some. It could show those voters that John McCain is not just an old stale, lingering fart.
(from – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain#Early_life_and_military_career)
Born in 1936 ..... After World War II was over, his father stayed in the Navy, sometimes working political liaison posts; the family settled in Northern Virginia, and McCain attended the educationally stronger St. Stephen's School in Alexandria, Virginia from 1946 to 1949, where he began to develop an unruly, defiant streak. Another two years were then spent following his father to naval stations; altogether he attended about twenty different schools during his youth.
In 1951, McCain enrolled at Episcopal High School in Alexandria, a top private school with a rigorous honor code. McCain earned two varsity letters in wrestling, and he excelled in the lighter weight classes. Gaining the nicknames "Punk" and "McNasty" due to his combative and fiery disposition, he enjoyed and cultivated that tough guy image; he also made a few friends, and graduated from high school in 1954.
Following in the footsteps of his father and grandfather, McCain entered the United States Naval Academy. McCain was a rebellious midshipman, and his career at the Naval Academy was ambivalent and lackluster. He had his share of run-ins with the faculty and leadership; each year he was given over 100 demerits (for unshined shoes, formation faults, talking out of place, and the like), earning him membership in the "Century Club".He did not take well to those of higher rank arbitrarily wielding power over him — "It was bulls**t, and I resented the hell out of it" — and would sometimes intervene when he saw it being done to others. At 5 foot 7 inches and 127 pounds, he competed as a lightweight boxer for three years, where he lacked skills but was fearless and "didn't have a reverse gear," as he later put it.
Despite his low standing, he was a leader among his fellow midshipmen, especially in organizing off-Yard activities; one classmate said that "being on liberty with John McCain was like being in a train wreck." McCain was then commissioned an ensign, and spent two and a half years as a naval aviator in training at Naval Air Station Pensacola in Florida and Naval Air Station Corpus Christi in Texas, flying A-1 Skyraiders. He earned a reputation as a party man, as he drove a Corvette, dated an exotic dancer named "Marie the Flame of Florida", and, as he would later say, "generally misused my good health and youth." ----------- LOL.

Damn...he sounds like me except the Navy stint and the flying and the boxing, and the wrestling
actually he doesn't sound like me at all....never mind

carter200
05-16-2008, 10:46 AM
:jawdrop:

GOLDCYLON
05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Hes got my vote