PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Shocks

JDNewYork
04-16-2005, 11:06 AM
The last Corvette I owned was a 1969 coupe, so these new ones confuse me. I am lost with all this technical stuff. I want to replace the existing Bilstein shocks on a non-ZR-1 1995 coupe because it appears they have never been replaced. The car handles okay but appears sloppy. I do not think it is the actuators because I do not have a warning light. Bilstein lists two versions of the shocks: one with the Z51 suspension and one without the Z51 package. I could not find a Z51 code for 1995. My car has the FX3 handling package. There is no Z51 code on the original window sticker. What is the Z51 suspension and how does it relate to the FX3? Thanks.

guinnessdood
08-10-2006, 12:29 AM
The last Corvette I owned was a 1969 coupe, so these new ones confuse me. I am lost with all this technical stuff. I want to replace the existing Bilstein shocks on a non-ZR-1 1995 coupe because it appears they have never been replaced. The car handles okay but appears sloppy. I do not think it is the actuators because I do not have a warning light. Bilstein lists two versions of the shocks: one with the Z51 suspension and one without the Z51 package. I could not find a Z51 code for 1995. My car has the FX3 handling package. There is no Z51 code on the original window sticker. What is the Z51 suspension and how does it relate to the FX3? Thanks.
The FX3 is the ride control. The Z51 is the heavy duty suspension.

GOLDCYLON
05-15-2007, 12:23 AM
:iamwithst :mrgreen: