PDA

View Full Version : New member

Dominicorvette
04-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi other members,

my name is Dominic and I just recently signed up as a new member. I absolutely love the ZR-1 and although I'm not yet fully ready to buy one, since I am but a poor student, I am however sure I want a ZR-1 sometime in the future.
Whether it'll be a 1990 or 1995 I haven't really decided, for that requires me to see and drive both. The '90 has the old front end, I liked the look of the older C4's so I will be comparing front ends. And the '95 of course has a little more power, is a little more refined, has newer ABS and I love those '94-'95 rims.
Anyway, I hope to enjoy many good tips and stories on this forum.

Dominic

PS: Does anyone know how I can find out where ZR-1 #86 of the 1995 model year is, if it's still out there and who owns it? Thanks!

Z Factor
04-15-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi other members,

my name is Dominic and I just recently signed up as a new member. I absolutely love the ZR-1 and although I'm not yet fully ready to buy one, since I am but a poor student, I am however sure I want a ZR-1 sometime in the future.
Whether it'll be a 1990 or 1995 I haven't really decided, for that requires me to see and drive both. The '90 has the old front end, I liked the look of the older C4's so I will be comparing front ends. And the '95 of course has a little more power, is a little more refined, has newer ABS and I love those '94-'95 rims.
Anyway, I hope to enjoy many good tips and stories on this forum.

Dominic

PS: Does anyone know how I can find out where ZR-1 #86 of the 1995 model year is, if it's still out there and who owns it? Thanks!

Hello Dominic, and welcome to the forum.

Like many of us, you have fallen for the ZR-1 before being able to afford one. I still remember seeing one on the showroom floor and drooling all over it. However, I did not have the 60k to buy it back then. Needless to say I never lost my interest in owning one, and now that I have one, it has been well worth the wait.

The 93-95's are great, but don't forget that many 90-92's are just as fast, if not faster despite the slight HP difference.

As to your question about the 1995 #86 ZR-1, I'm not able to answer, but am curious why you are interested in that particular car?

:cheers:

Dominicorvette
04-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the reply Z factor. I know the difference in speed isn't a lot if at all, between the 405 and 375hp cars. That's why I am gonna choose between a 1990 and 1995. '90 for the old style front end, '95 for continued development and rims. I figured it'd be easier to just buy a 95 instead of buying a 91 or 92 and then changing things to make it look the way I want.

As for the 1995 #86 car, that is a black on black (the colour combo I like most) ZR-1 built on my 14th birthday. I turned 14 on the 14th of october that year and I thought it would be really cool to someday own that car. Just a thought I had.

Z Factor
04-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reply Z factor. I know the difference in speed isn't a lot if at all, between the 405 and 375hp cars. That's why I am gonna choose between a 1990 and 1995. '90 for the old style front end, '95 for continued development and rims. I figured it'd be easier to just buy a 95 instead of buying a 91 or 92 and then changing things to make it look the way I want.

As for the 1995 #86 car, that is a black on black (the colour combo I like most) ZR-1 built on my 14th birthday. I turned 14 on the 14th of october that year and I thought it would be really cool to someday own that car. Just a thought I had.

One other thing to consider between a 90 or a 95 are the seats. Some people like the 90 seats because of all the buttons and adjustments. Others like the 95's especially if they are large because the 90's hug them too much and feel uncomfortable.

As to your desire for #86 it sounds fine, but if you find it don't let the owner know why it is special to you, otherwise it will cost you more. ;)

:cheers:

WB9MCW
04-17-2005, 05:11 PM
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! Keep up your ZR-1 dream. Mine started in 1990 when I saw my first Z and had been reading all about them in the auto-mag's. Fall 2003 it became a reality for me! It was a long 13 years!!! :cheers:

Dominicorvette
04-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks WB9MCW, I hope I won't have to wait 13 years to drive mine. It will be a few years probably, but I promised myself that would be no more than 5.

As for the seats, Z factor, I am not a large guy, so I think I'll fit in the '90 seats just fine. But you're right that this is something to look out for and I will keep it in mind. Along with not showing my enthusiasm too much when I'm buying. Thanks a lot! :-D