PDA

View Full Version : England and LT5 School?

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Looks like I'm going to spending a lot of time in England the next 6-8 months. I recently saw an article in one of the Vette Mags about a guy that went to a LT5 school held by one of the original Lotus Designers in England.Anybody know what mag it ws in or have info on the school?

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 12:25 PM
L8apex:Or tony I assume you are talking about the annual Jeal&Sons Camp LT5 this is his e-mail101621.3447@compuserve.com here is a little about him (from Dean Townsley )??I thinkGeoff joined Lotus in 1986 to help set up a race transmission department for the Formula 1 team. He moved on to the LT-5 program at the end of 1986, developing and building the engines and transmissions for the Corvette Indy and CERV3 show cars. Geoff worked extensively in the US during the climatic test trips of '87, '88, and '89, also working with the guys from Mercruiser and GM. He trained the end of line repairmen and the drive audit personnel at Bowling Green and was responsible for the sign off of the first 1980+ ZR-1's off the production line (drove every one!). Geoff left Lotus in 1991 to work on the Jaguar XJ220 development team at TWR. He was responsible for the power, emissions and drivability development of the car to production and was the sign off engineer for production. TWR followed the XJ220 with the Aston-Martin DB7, and Geoff was lead calibration engineer on the project (both European and Federal versions.) Since the DB7, Geoff has worked on several programs including the Olds IRL engine, the TWR/Heart V10 Formula 1 engine and one or two less grand projects.

Anonymous
L8apex:Hoops here is the adress Heath Farm located between Chipping Norton and Banbury in Oxfordshire.

Anonymous
Thanks Joseph! I'll try to at least hook up on one of my trips "across the pond". Looks like I'll also be looking for some British Vette activities. Seems there are a few over there.