PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading the speakers...........................

Z51JEFF
01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
I just got the stereo back in the car,what a pain.Sounds good but it could sound better,is it possible to upgrade JUST the speakers?

GOLDCYLON
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
I just got the stereo back in the car,what a pain.Sounds good but it could sound better,is it possible to upgrade JUST the speakers?

The factory stereo or an aftermarket? Im assuming the factory sterreo so I think the short answer is no. You can but in new speakers you will need the aftermarket cutouts for the install but the wiring is different as well. Now that would be a pain. :wink:

Z51JEFF
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
I thought Id give it a shot,I didnt think so.

djpatrick35
01-31-2008, 12:28 PM
It may be blasphemy, but I just took my Z in to Circuit City and had new speakers fitted into the existing holes. They ran the new wires and everything and the new setup sounds great. If I ever got into having my car judged, I kept all the original components if I ever wanted to return it to stock.

Since I intend to drive this car until I die, I don't think I'll have to worry about that!

GOLDCYLON
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
It may be blasphemy, but I just took my Z in to Circuit City and had new speakers fitted into the existing holes. They ran the new wires and everything and the new setup sounds great. If I ever got into having my car judged, I kept all the original components if I ever wanted to return it to stock.

Since I intend to drive this car until I die, I don't think I'll have to worry about that!

While taking your Z to Circuit City is Blasphemy your mod is not. ;) Just kidding wow im surprised they did that most folks wont touch that kind of work they would just move to the new cut outs and installed new speakers and wiring.

Jeffvette
01-31-2008, 06:02 PM

Dan, I would be very skeptical about any install from CC. I've got a write up for installing speakers in the front of the car. I'll get to it after I return from Costa Rica.