PDA

View Full Version : Members Only Name/Password for 2008?

ZR WON
01-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Morning!

Can someone 'in the know' please PM me the members only info? I received my registration packet a few days ago and didn't find the name/password change for 2008. Thanks

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
12.09@118
01 Z06
not quite stock

gbrtng
01-24-2008, 12:42 PM
It hasn't been changed yet - use the 2007 one for a few more weeks.

ZR WON
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Um:

Could someone PM me with the 2007 name/pw??? I seem to have misplaced it....:o :o

djpatrick35
01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Um:

Could someone PM me with the 2007 name/pw??? I seem to have misplaced it....:o :o

Me too. I got the Members Packet a few days ago w/ a sweet T-shirt but no mention of the password was in it. I'm afraid the Members Only area might be so built up that I'll be disappointed when I actually get in there! ;)

32valvZ
01-24-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm afraid the Members Only area might be so built up that I'll be disappointed when I actually get in there! ;)

Ahhhh, its nothing really......free beer coupons, naked dancing girls & 99% off ZR-1 parts.....:sign10:

:cheers:

Hammer
01-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Shoot Bill Hedberg a note and he should be able to help you.

bhedberg@YAHOO.COM

Jeffvette
01-24-2008, 08:19 PM
It's never been sent out in the packet. Only in email.

Hammer
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
So, did you guys get your free beer coupons and parts discounts?

Be sure to download the parts listing from the members site. Invaluable information and just part of the membership benny's.

Enjoy the site, there's loads of info there.

rkreigh
01-26-2008, 07:23 AM
hi folks,

anytime you need help with membership issues or getting the password, see the contacts page and email the membership director bill

we will be writing up an article to clarify how it works, it does get emailed out

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/contact_us.htm

once we have everyone signed up in 08, we'll send out a new one

95ZR1
02-22-2008, 09:29 PM
By now everyone should KNOW how to log in. So here I am mid February asking how.

Hammer
02-23-2008, 07:40 AM
By now everyone should KNOW how to log in. So here I am mid February asking how.

Didn't you get a new username and password? If not, shoot an email to Bill and he can help you. Include your membership number to make it easier for him.

Bill Hedberg membership@zr1netregistry.com (membership@zr1netregistry.com)

95ZR1
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Didn't you get a new username and password?

If I did, I wouldn't be asking. I think the point is, why not just send it to us with the renewal kit instead of making us bother Bill with an e-mail.

Hammer
02-26-2008, 04:31 AM
If I did, I wouldn't be asking. I think the point is, why not just send it to us with the renewal kit instead of making us bother Bill with an e-mail.

You asked how to log in, I tried to help.

Z Factor
02-26-2008, 05:14 PM

The email is sent to everyone once a year with the new password. Your old password is still valid until that time. I suspect the main reason is due to the fact he knows those who are currently paid, and those who are not. Once he compiles a list of every member who has renewed, he creates and sends the new password out in bulk, rather than piece meal it.

The above is purely speculation on my part since it is not my rice bowl, but contacting Bill will probably be the best thing to do.

bhedberg
02-26-2008, 11:20 PM
The email is sent to everyone once a year with the new password. Your old password is still valid until that time. I suspect the main reason is due to the fact he knows those who are currently paid, and those who are not. Once he compiles a list of every member who has renewed, he creates and sends the new password out in bulk, rather than piece meal it.

The above is purely speculation on my part since it is not my rice bowl, but contacting Bill will probably be the best thing to do.

Zfactor is correct. About a week ago I sent an e-mail with the 2008 information to all 2008 members of the ZR-1 Net Registry. If you didn't receive the info it is probably because your e-mail address on file is not current or your ISP treated the notice as SPAM in error. In either case, just drop me an e-mail at membership@zr1netregistry.com and I'll send you the info.

New members and renewing members since the mass e-mail went out are sent an email with the 2008 info at the time of joining or renewing.

Feel free to write at any time for help with registry/membership issues.

Bill Hedberg
Membership Director

ZR WON
05-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Bill:

I did *not* receive the updated username/password for the 'members only' section. Can you please assist?

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
12.09@118
01 Z06
not quite stock

40th#381
05-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Bill is correct he sent the new contact info out on Valentines day 14 Feb

95ZR1
11-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Obviously there's some problem with this process of getting logon info out to people, because I'm not the only one who didn't get it. Now the password has been changed again (November 2008) and I'd bet I'm not the only one who couldn't log in to vote for the new officers. I don't mind sending an e-mail to Dave or Bill , but they shouldn't have to deal with that. I hope everyone can get in to vote.

bhedberg
11-18-2008, 11:36 AM
The members only user name and password are sent in a welcome e-mail when new members join. The info is changed sometime in February each year because not all members renew. At that time, all members are notified of the change by e-mail.

Problems only occur when folks don't read their mail, don't keep track of the info for later use, don't keep the Registry updated with changed e-mail addresses, or don't receive the notification because their ISP treats e-mail from the NCM mail server as SPAM and trashes it. I can't think of a problem that occurred that didn't fall in one of those categories.

In any case, it is no problem to send off my canned response to folks seeking help about the user/pw. Takes all of about 20 seconds.

In the recent case, Mom sent the notice to vote for new board members out by e-mail and included the user/pw so everyone would have that info handy when they went to vote. One of the recipients carelessly replied to the notice and sent the reply including the user/pw info to the zr1net. That action compromised the user/pw for the members only web site and necessitated the info be changed.

Here is the updated info that Dave sent out:

"Sorry had to change the password due to someone forwarding the login info to
the ZR-1 Net.

Here is the new login info. Please do not forward to the ZR-1 Net.

USERNAME: *********
PASSWD: *********

Thanks!
Mom"

Some folks apparently did not receive the updated info. This happened most likely because somebody did not read their mail, has not updated their e-mail address or is not looking in the mailbox they registered under, or their ISP trashed the notice. And members with Yahoo addresses can have delivery delayed by a few days and sometimes a week or more.

If anybody needs assistance, please fire off an e-mail for assistance. membership@zr1netregistry.com

You will hear back within 24 hours, probably much quicker.

flyin ryan
11-18-2008, 12:04 PM
i had received the new password a few days ago...might even a week now come to think of it;)

95ZR1
11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Can you post the date the e-mail was sent, and what was on the subject line? I've got to figure out why this isn't working...