PDA

View Full Version : the burn vic... keeps tickin

bradslt5
12-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Well those of you that have seen the pics of kellis burned z might wonder if the motor trans and rear work . well as of last night they do. tranfered them all into my red 90 .we did a leak down and worst cylinder was 5%. i had to use my injectors wiring coils,electronics , vaccume lines, power steering, air conditioner and lines , alt,exhaust manifolds,clutch hydrolics. it was a scrathy job (i,m still itchin ) but my 157 k car now has a 20k motor in her . that makes my red headed wife very happy, except for the fact that she now wants headers(corey I need a set of your headers soon) ported injectors and plenum like my car. Moral of the story the wify wants to blow my doors off at the strip . hehe fat chance of that happening :mrgreen:

Arctic91
12-08-2007, 01:05 PM
That is awesome.... It hurt my heart to see those pictures and I would have never thought that engine could come back to life. I assume you performed a rebuild/refinish of the block, heads and major components? I'd love to see a "before" and "after" shot when you get the chance to post one.

bradslt5
12-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I didnt refinish yet , wanted to make sure it ran ok , also had to replace the crank seal. will drive her around for a week or so then pull her out and send the cam covers injector housings and plenum out for porting and powder coating. just really wanted to make sure everything is in good shape before i go to the extra expense . but now i have an extra motor and trans . its time to decide if I want to sendit out for the big bad stroker or just sell. its a running motor just alot of miles on it since its wifys ride .

Arctic91
12-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Should have plenty of time to get it all up to Jeffvette after running through its paces... sounds like he has a good porting/powdercoating deal for members right now.

I'm just amazed that it ran again!! :thumbsup:

bradslt5
12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
jeffs deal is very very fair indeed . i might have to give him the heads too . just need to know how in depth the head porting is .