PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone buy their ZR1 from out of state?

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 12:04 PM
I'm interested in buying an out of state ZR1, based on an ad, and speaking with the person. However, I've never bought a car away from people I trust to check it out. I've always gotten the owner to agree to have my vette mechanic give it a thorough going over to check for body repairs, major component problems, overall condition, etc.Has anyone used one of those car check services that charge between 100-200 dollars, or flown out to take it to the local vette dealer or shop for a check?Also, I wouldn't driving the car back across country, so what transport service is reasonable and reliable?I'm a green horn in this area and would really like the advice from people that have done it before.THANKS

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Zfactor:I Bought mine from Out of state and most members also had it ship also .I would recomend spending the extra money to have it inspected ,but remenber there is no warrenty if they miss something regarless I think it is a wise decision.

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 12:06 PM
Zfactor, what state is the car in? You should post to the ZR1 Net requesting information on the car and/or requesting someone to check it out for you. Jeff Combs jaccompaq@worldnet.att.net

Anonymous
12-14-2003, 12:06 PM
I bought my car from out of state too, after several conversations with the owner and e-mailed pictures back & forth. I flew out and inspected it myself, bought it a drove it 500 miles home. You can wire money to a local bank and release it upon inspecting the car.As another person wrote, ask some of the members on the site to go look at if for you - might save some wasted time. If you're not a Corvette Expert, take the car to the local Chevy Dealer and have their body shop go over it. Best of luck,

bans25
12-14-2003, 08:42 PM
I bought mine out of state, had a corvette forum member check it out real good and give me his take. I bought the car and had it shipped out by www.intercitylines.com and am more than happy!!