PDA

View Full Version : HISTORY

Bill
11-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Ok my curiosity has the best of me, I would like to trace the history of my ZR-1. I hope someone will know at least something about my car.

Vin 1G1YZ23J2L5802865 1990 ZR-1 BLACK / RED

From July 1990 to Aug. 1999 the car was registered in Ohio
Feb. 2000 to Feb. 2002 the car was registered in VA.

June 2003 to present in CA.

I am trying to some details of mods done to this car

Thanks for your help

Bill

Z Factor
11-04-2004, 04:43 PM
Well Bill, I'd suggest you have your local dealership run a VMH on it to see what work was done to it. They MAY also be willing to give you the contact information of the previous owners, or offer another alternative. If there were any records given to you when you purchased it, you might be able to track the previous owners down that way as well.

Good luck.

ZR-1Mom
11-12-2004, 10:48 PM
According to my records it belonged to Ron Kreigh at Ron.Kreigh@tasc.dot.gov

rkreigh
01-02-2005, 09:03 PM
According to my records it belonged to Ron Kreigh at Ron.Kreigh@tasc.dot.gov

fyi, that email is now dead, DOT reorganizaed.

use ron_kreigh@hotmail.com, that's my private email.

yes!! if it's a Doug Rippie Motorsports car (red interior with roll bar, chrome wheels) and you bought my car from Ted O. it's my first ZR-1 and a good one. I bought the car from buds in st mary ohio with 64k miles and put 20k miles on it. engine runs very strong, does have a bit of startup chain rattle common to the 90s as well as some oil consumption.

car has the 450 packages which is stock bottom end and heads, with ported manifolds, injector housings. car really needs headers and a good exhaust but dynoed a very respectable 372 hp. car always ran very hard. DRM also put better bushings, braided brake lines, and a custom tune. very nice running car.

I put a kurt white shifter, new clutch, brakes, eradispeed rotors, exh, battery, tires, and had her tuned up. car ran very well. also got new power steering pump, hoses, belts, and a new heater core right before I sold her. car looks and runs great, a bit of wear on the bolsters, but that black car with a red interior really looks great IMHO and the roll bar just screams race car!!

car is lowered, has a stock 95 zr1 exh as the cheezy exh and turbo mufflers rottled off. car has LOTs of new parts and runs well.

fire any questions, this is a trip glad to see ol blackie is still pumping. ted did alot of work to here too. how is she doing now???

fyi, I will be out of town a couple of days, but please post any questions and I will get back to you.