PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this '90 ZR1 from AZ (Vin Last Six: 802393)

turbo_menace
10-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Sitting on a lot in north Phoenix...red/tan '90 ZR1. The dealer wants $29k. I think it is overpriced based upon hasty inspection.

It idles rough and the exhaust smells bad. It doesn't fire right up, like most fuel-injected cars. It has about 38k miles. The tires look original and about ready for replacement...fronts are wearing on inside.

The exterior is perfect from what I can tell other than some dry-rotting on window trim on door windoes. The undercarriage is immaculate...scary immaculate.

The interior has minor wear and tear on inside that looks like it has seen more than 38k. (Driver seat bolster worn, couple trim pieces chipped)

The power steering seems really heavy during little drive around.

The parking brake acted weird...wouldn't disengage, until the dealer fiddled with it.

Any thoughts? Should I wait for another one?

Respectfully,
Harold Jones
Mesa, AZ

bans25
10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
10K overpriced.

Z Factor
10-13-2004, 09:50 PM
I think it is overpriced based upon hasty inspection.

Any thoughts? Should I wait for another one?

Respectfully,
Harold Jones
Mesa, AZ

Hello Harold, and welcome to the forum.

Based on the information you provided, I would say it is over priced. If you are looking to spend that type of money, you can get yourself a ZR-1 in great condition, and not have to worry about the many issues that one may have. I don't know if you have looked at the For Sale section here, so I will provide the link;

-

http://www.zr1.net/ZR1_sale.html

-

The key to finding the right ZR-1 for yourself in my opinion, is patience.
It is still a buyers market, so find the right one, and make a reasonable offer. You will be pleasantly surprised to find very nice ZR-1's between $25-$30k, and even a few bargains as well.

Just take a look at what is out there, decide what you want and how much you want to spend. It took me 6 months to find mine, and I'm glad I passed on a few earlier ones I considered. You might get lucky and buy the next one you come across, but I'd pass on the one you are asking about.

Good Luck, and I hope that you are able to have the pleasure of driving one of the best Corvettes ever produced.

turbo_menace
10-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the great replies and information. I'll keep my eyes open.

More later,

Harold